Join Me in 30 Days of Gratitude...Part 2

Old 05-20-2020, 01:03 PM
  # 241 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I am grateful to LMN for starting this thread. It's a good nudge for me when I forget to be grateful. LMN needs to report in and show picture of her new kitty.... I promise I would be grateful for that.

Grateful that we sold our condo yesterday and can finally move to our new place overlooking big water again, a lovely big bay off Lake Ontario. We have always lived on big water, but for where we are now, surrounded as it is with lovely little lakes, it's the big water that calls my heart. Selling in this Covid time was a little slow, but we got it done and the price we wanted, so I am grateful for that.

And grateful for a full fledged summer like day, sunny and warm and glad I out my winter gear away.

Old 05-24-2020, 05:14 AM
  # 242 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I am grateful for perfect summer-like days that we have been getting and even grateful for the rain that is coming today. I love this time of year, lots of good summer time ahead.

Old 05-29-2020, 12:22 PM
  # 243 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I am grateful that I can visit my brother tomorrow, after all the isolating we will visit on his big back deck, stay distanced and have lunch with him and his wife. It's been a couple of months since I have seen him and finally it feels safe to get together outdoors.

And I am grateful for all the new babies at the water across from our new place (we move June 15).

Old 06-01-2020, 05:41 AM
  # 244 (permalink)  

Grateful for the beautiful photos you shared, Ann!

Grateful to be home safely.

So very grateful to those who protect and serve.
Old 06-10-2020, 04:16 PM
  # 245 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Grateful that this time next week we will live in our new place by the water. Unpacking is easy to me, no hard decisions, make it fit or throw it out or donate if worthy.

And grateful for hot days that feel like summer. I'd sell my soul for one of these hot and humid days in February.

Hugs to my grateful friends.
Old 06-13-2020, 07:27 AM
  # 246 (permalink)  

Hugs to you, as well, Ann!

Best of luck in your new place. Please provide photos of the scenery, if possible. By the water sounds so wonderful...

I love, love this sunshine with fairly hot temperatures. It helps to get out and about, walk with my dog buddy, and just forget all about the madness that is shoved in our faces via the media on a daily basis. Turning it off makes all the difference.
Old 06-13-2020, 11:35 AM
  # 247 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Anaya, here's a couple I took yesterday, the baby geese are growing so fast. I can't wait to walk here each day. Monday is moving day, yay.

Old 06-17-2020, 07:38 AM
  # 248 (permalink)  

Oh so beautiful!

Wishing all goes very smoothly, i.e., moving in and settling in. Prayers being sent up for many years of happiness for you and hubby in your new abode.

I occasionally think of the scenes shown in On Golden Pond (that old movie, lol) and how when I had seen the movie, I fell in love with that setting. Ah, what a dream.

Is your setting similar, I wonder?
Old 06-17-2020, 12:08 PM
  # 249 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Not too similar (I love that movie too) but lots of water, bay and great lake both and I find my peace with water.

I am grateful to have finished moving, almost finished unpacking...the end is in sight, maybe by the weekend. And grateful to be picking up dinner and eating by the lake tonight.

Here are a couple of "scenery" pics, Anaya. Come sit in the gazebo with me and we can share the sunset and maybe some ice cream.

Old 06-19-2020, 06:31 AM
  # 250 (permalink)  

Oh, my. Thank you. I can just imagine that ice cream, the breeze, and the view. Just wonderful.

Escape into nature. Ah, yes. So, Canada geese and other critters, my dog and I do it -- right smack dab sandwiched between an industrial park and nearby plan of homes. Just give me a wooded area and some water with a scenic view and my dog and I will make an adventure out of it.

I saw a lone deer (female? not sure what time of year deer here shed their antlers, hubby would know) two times this past week, a somewhat tame creature, walking through yards and populated areas. Wondering if she will end up in our garden? So far, it doesn't look like it; however, the abundance of rabbits seem to like to nibble the tops of lilies near our home.
Old 08-06-2020, 08:04 AM
  # 251 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Today, I am grateful for so many things. I love my little kitty, my new home and I love my job most of the time.

And here is a real shocker...my ex is clean and has been for several months. He finally hit his bottom. He said he was brought to his knees literally and asked God for help. We have FaceTimed on several occasions, he has cried and expressed his remorse and embarrassment. He is very open and honest (sometimes too honest) and trying to piece it all together. His business is doing great and He has been Zelling me money every week (money that he owed me but I wrote off). I haven't even asked for it. He is amazed and proud at how well I have done for myself but still wants to repay me to make up for the times I was struggling.

It has been very healing for me in many ways. It's been really fun and catherdic being able to talk about our life together...both good and bad. He thanked me for trying to save him and explained that he just wasn't done yet and nothing I did could of helped him. He seems to have a new spiritual awakening and loves to read Proverbs. I am grateful for that too. I pray it lasts because he is so amazing when he is clean and I like having him as a friend.
Ps. He doesn't even swear anymore, lol.
Old 08-06-2020, 04:04 PM
  # 252 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

LMN, what a blessing loving your new life and making peace with your old life now too, when you are ready and not when you were still struggling and vulnerable yourself. God's timing is perfect. Good for your ex for finding sobriety, I pray he can hang on to it and live a better and healthier life. It is good you can be friends, that's not often the case. I know you know the drill and will let time tell the tale.

You have worked hard to make a new, wonderful life for yourself. You can be darn proud of yourself and your recovery, I know I am.

Love you lots, and need to post my own gratitude, I have been lolligagging in complacency...never a good thing for me.
Old 08-06-2020, 04:13 PM
  # 253 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Okay, *takes a deep breath*, I have been complacent about my gratitude lately, never a good thing, so here goes...

I am grateful to be settled in our new place and loving the nature, water and beauty that surrounds me. So many beaches, my favourite place to be.

I am grateful that my chemo is working well, with almost no side effects at all, no nausea at all, just baldness that is actually growing back in and is short fussy curls right now, and it may stay like this or continue to grow, even though my chemo continues. My CT scan later this month may tell me more, but I expect that it is all good ahead.

I am grateful for good family and our family get-together on Saturday. Everyone is well and it will be outdoors and fun but safe distancing too.

And I am grateful to all those here who inspire me to keep up with my recovery, and remind myself how very blessed I am.

Old 08-06-2020, 08:42 PM
  # 254 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Oh Ann, I am sooooo happy to read that you are doing so well. I think of you all the time and always include you in my prayers. You are a very special and an amazing woman!

Thank you for your encouraging words. I know I would never have made it without you cheering me on and lighting the way.

I didn't realize my ex didn't know about my sister's death. I guess I just assumed he did. He was completely shocked and took it hard. They were once very close but had a big falling out after I decided to leave him and had her support. It was very sad but comforting to discuss it with him.

Time will tell and to be honest, I am glad he lives very far away.....sometimes, distance can be a good thing. 😊

Old 08-07-2020, 06:24 AM
  # 255 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Always forgive, but never forget. Learn from mistakes, but never regret. ♥

You are true to your signature, LMN.

Forgiveness is the antidote to resentments and frees us to let go of past hurts and take the lessons with us as we move forward. You are a shining example of how this concept works.

Grateful today for a lovely August morning, not hot and steamy like July. The summer is flying by but each day is a lovely gift of sunshine and nature.

Old 08-11-2020, 07:50 PM
  # 256 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Grateful for good doctors and hospitals that keep me going and grateful that this week busy with appointments will be followed by a week off which I shall spend in nature.

Grateful to the Caspian Tern that inspired me to go bird watching on the weekend.
Old 08-11-2020, 09:05 PM
  # 257 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

I am so grateful that you have good doctors too, Ann.

I am so grateful that I finally cleaned my house. I used to be so neurotic about cleaning. Today, I am grateful that I have more important things to do.

Old 08-11-2020, 09:13 PM
  # 258 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I used to be neurotic about EVERYTHING!

Grateful that my place is easy to clean.
Old 08-12-2020, 05:47 AM
  # 259 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Lol, Ann.

I am so grateful for my rescue kitty. He is so funny and makes me laugh all time. Yesterday, I took a lint roller (the sticky roll kind) and "groomed" him. He loved it, lol. I think I am on to something.
Old 08-12-2020, 05:34 PM
  # 260 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

What is little rescue kitty's name? I like Papa after you-know-who.

Or...Bogart, Fred, Bubba...but no names that can embarrass you like Sweety Pie. Imaging having to call him should he escape..."Here, Sweety Pie come to Mama" Or "SWEEEETY PIEEEE! MAMA HAS TREATS FOR YOU" and all your neighbors run out to see.