Join Me in 30 Days of Gratitude...Part 2

Old 03-30-2020, 02:59 PM
  # 221 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

I would be happy to "show him off." I am a proud mama, lol. Omgosh, he is sooo sweet!! He just snuggled up on my lap for the last hour. But he does like to wake me up in the middle of the night though -attacking me feet. Lol Then he settles down and sleeps right next to me.
Old 03-30-2020, 05:27 PM
  # 222 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Zoso, I am so glad you and your wife are okay. Prayers out for all who struggle during these terrible times.
Old 04-01-2020, 12:49 PM
  # 223 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

This is LMN's new kitty. He is adorable and I want to name him Owen because he "owens" her heart....get it? *snork*

Look at that innocent face...and then those claws just ready to have a go at the already scarce toilet paper.

Old 04-01-2020, 09:31 PM
  # 224 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Lol Ann, you are so crazy - which is why I love you.

I will have to send you a better picture of him but he is just so sweet and so cute. I just feel so lucky to get such a great kitty. Thank you for posting Mr. Kitty.
Old 04-02-2020, 03:02 AM
  # 225 (permalink)  

I love the photo. Good luck with your new kitty, LMN.

Today is going to be a great day (I think! lol). I have been doing that a lot lately -- saying things such as tomorrow is going to be a better day, etc., ...If I am able to get restful sleep, it does make all the difference in my attitude throughout the day.
Old 04-02-2020, 06:18 AM
  # 226 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Anaya, I love your attitude...and your avatar, forests in spring are lovely to walk in. Our forest floors fill with trilliums (our provincial flower( and it's a lovely sight.

I am grateful for the beauty of nature, it lifts my spirits and keeps me balanced.

Old 04-03-2020, 02:06 AM
  # 227 (permalink)  

Your photo and post are lovely and uplifting, Ann.

I am loving it! -- that I have been getting out in the sunshine, enjoying the fresh albeit chilly air while walking with my dog. I do wish I had nearby, as you had mentioned, a forest to walk in. In my state, we have many rails-to-trails -- hoping I will get myself and my family motivated to take our bicycles out this year on the trails and get peddling. There are scenic and interesting spots along the way.
Old 04-03-2020, 12:21 PM
  # 228 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I am grateful that I saw my ospreys return to their nest this morning, a lovely large nest where they have raised their family for several years.

When I saw them I thought about how nature just carries on, no matter what, and it remains beautiful and peaceful regardless of our human woes.

We will survive this virus crisis, and like the ospreys, we will carry on.

Old 04-06-2020, 12:24 AM
  # 229 (permalink)  

Wonderful photo and words of encouragement, Ann.

Keeping the chin up and forging ahead. One day at a time.
Old 04-09-2020, 05:16 AM
  # 230 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Grateful that bad days don't last forever.

My old saying is "the difference between a bad day and a good day is usually about two days"...has proved true.

I had two very bad days (medical stuff that is fine now) and today I am just happy, grateful and feeling myself again. Thank you God, who has lots of stuff left for me to do so I'm not checking out any time soon.

So if you are having a bad day, remember my old saying, it has proved true most times here.

Seize the day...and find all the joy and beauty and hope and inspiration you may need.

Old 04-12-2020, 05:34 AM
  # 231 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Today I am grateful for Easter, a time of transition and joy and forgiveness and love.

I am grateful for memories of wonderful Easters past, and I will find some way to make today special, even though we are isolated from each other during this time of the Covid Virus. I will embrace nature, talk to the universe and God and I will plant tulips in memory of a dear departed friend here, and daffodils for my mother, how she loved daffodils.

Today will be holy, sacred and a day of sharing through emails and phone calls.

Hugs to all my friends here.
Old 04-12-2020, 06:52 AM
  # 232 (permalink)  

Alleluia, He has risen. I continue to have hope every day.

Ann - your posts are inspiring and uplifting. Thanks for what you share.

I am grateful that you are in a better place today.

Old 04-17-2020, 12:21 PM
  # 233 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I am grateful for spring, and the promise of summer that it brings.

Birds, animals, nature don't know fear of viruses, they just know how to continue living and adapting to change.

I learn from nature every day.

Old 05-06-2020, 02:22 AM
  # 234 (permalink)  

Grateful to awaken feeling fairly well rested and to look forward to a busy day.
Otherwise, crossing fingers I will be called back to work, once "the restrictions are lifted" and things begin to pick up again.
Positive thoughts and prayers for the best for all during these trying times.
Old 05-07-2020, 06:13 AM
  # 235 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I will add you to my prayers too, Anaya, double duty cannot hurt.

I am grateful today for spring and sunshine and a day without medical stuff to distract me. Bring on the goslings!!! The geese around here have their babies!!!

Old 05-07-2020, 08:49 PM
  # 236 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

I just love your nature pictures Ann, especially those trilliums. Gorgeous!! Glad you are well too Anaya.
So...during this time, Not only did I rescue my sweet little kitty cat, I bought an electric bike. It was used but the woman never really used it. I just love it! Now I can pretend like I am exercising, lol. These are the best 2 things I have done in a long time!! Still praying for all of us to be safe, healthy and happy and making the best of this situation.
Old 05-10-2020, 06:34 AM
  # 237 (permalink)  

Nice to see Ann and LoveMeNow's posts.

LoveMeNow: How is it going with the bike? I had plans for a bike trip today (rails- to-trails in my area, wanting to explore a new one) but had to cancel.

Ann: I also love the photos! Two times this past week, I chose to walk another route with my dog because of groups of geese gathering on the path. I don't quite trust what might happen were we to get too close. Yikes! https://pethelpful.com/dogs/Dogs-and-Geese
Old 05-15-2020, 06:20 AM
  # 238 (permalink)  

My pooch and I saw more geese on our walk yesterday. Their presence is nothing new. The geese have been around our area for, I guess, years. It is just that I am more aware of them (!) as I walk in areas where they flock these days. Anyway, I've seen the geese police car out and about more lately. I searched online and found info about and did some reading on the geese police; it seems they use border collies in their quest to help herd the Canada geese. Very cool. And humane.

Wishing all a great day. It is beautiful here today -- cool breeze, sun shining, moderate temperatures -- two thumbs up! Focusing on getting work done so I can get out and walk with my pet.
Old 05-17-2020, 02:51 PM
  # 239 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

LMN, do we get to see picture of rescue kitty? What did you call her/him? Did you name it after ME? Huh? Didja?

Anaya, they warn people to stay clear of geese with babies, they can turn mean very quickly....and rightly so, protecting the young. The bike paths here have warnings to get off and walk bikes past the nesting areas, or risk getting de-biked by a mad goose. Say...that's much how I was in my codependent days, protecting my son who didn't need protecting, nor want it. I was a mad goose indeed. Insanity is such a waste of energy, isn't it?

Today I am grateful for real spring weather, warm and sunny and for being able to put my winter sweaters away for the year. I do love spring, and for the blooms and blossoms and all things beautiful.

Hugs to you and LMN.
Old 05-20-2020, 04:21 AM
  # 240 (permalink)  

Thank you, Ann.

As far as what you've shared about the geese...interesting and helpful to know. My fur baby and I have not seen them on our walks over the past two days. They have moved along, if only temporarily.

As far as being a mad (mama) goose -- yes, I can understand that, being I was there myself and sometimes still "feel at risk" of moving back to, regressing to squawking and flapping my wings, which, of course, would be to no avail.

Thinking of gratitude -- I am so very grateful to have discovered this site when I did. It has been a wonderful place to land, to visit, and to participate in and actually helps keep me from "going backwards."

Many, many thanks to SR, admin, mods, and kind posters, such as Ann and others.