Join Me in 30 Days of Gratitude...Part 2

Old 02-24-2020, 02:03 PM
  # 201 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Anaya, around here people know to hit the brakes and drive slow if a deer runs across the road...because there is almost always another one or two behind, especially when the babies begin to follow mama.

Glad you like the avatar, I love picking them out too.

Grateful today for good doctors, good hospitals and good treatment options, they keep me ticking and enjoying my life.
Old 02-25-2020, 02:36 AM
  # 202 (permalink)  

I also am very grateful for good healthcare.

Otherwise, I was talking with family members this past weekend about the experience of being shocked by what a doc shared with me earlier this year (re: cancer tx); it seemed rather blunt, maybe harsh. But, hey, I know he is just doing his job. Were he not to be direct, down the road I might complain and say why didn't he tell me that?
Old 02-26-2020, 05:09 AM
  # 203 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Today I am grateful for my old neighbor who is always there for me when I need her.

Also, I am so grateful that I will be flying out to California for a few days in April to see my niece. It will be the 3rd anniversary of my sister's death. I can't believe it's been almost 3 years. My sister has 3 beautiful daughters. I have been kind of estranged with this niece for the past 7 months so it will be great to see her and mend our relationship. She is so funny and fun. I look forward to the laughter.

P.s. I made a thread on the F&F Alcoholics about my daughtera couple of days ago. Please keep my her in your prayers. She is in a lot pain.
Old 02-26-2020, 05:44 AM
  # 204 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Prayers out for your daughter, LMN, that she finds good support and help in dealing with her childhood.

I am grateful for what may be the worst storm of the winter, that is heading my way. I am stocked up and will run errands this morning and then spend the next two days reading and relaxing and watching the whiteness grow.

I will also be super grateful when spring arrives.
Old 02-27-2020, 02:32 AM
  # 205 (permalink)  

Prayers for your dear daughter, LMN. Let us know how it goes.

Enjoy your time reading and relaxing, Ann. Spring is really not that far off. I looked out the window to see a light covering of snow this a.m. It's not so bad. We've still to get through March. I certainly hope we won't experience what happened in '93 again:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1993_Storm_of_the_Century
Old 02-27-2020, 10:35 AM
  # 206 (permalink)  

Prayers, LMN.
Old 02-28-2020, 07:10 AM
  # 207 (permalink)  

I too pray for your daughter LMN. I have a young adult daughter, it's so hard to see them hurting. I hope she decides to go to counseling. It makes such an amazing difference for my daughter. She went for a long time and is currently going again. It's a long term relationship LOL.

Sending you big hugs and praying for your DD.
Old 02-29-2020, 06:25 AM
  # 208 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Grateful that tomorrow is March and we are one day closer to spring.

Old 02-29-2020, 06:36 AM
  # 209 (permalink)  

Grateful for browsing time this a.m.
Grateful for all who share in and frequent this forum.
Grateful for the opportunity to have some "me time" today -- to exercise, for self-care, then to move on to going to visit my mom later. I enjoy the visits with her.
Grateful that I think I'll be ok, as I have been preparing for the best response or lack thereof to folks I'll be seeing at another family function this evening; inevitably, toxic behavior comes to the surface at these events. Plenty of alcohol on hand surely contributes to that. I will not partake.
Old 03-03-2020, 12:17 PM
  # 210 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Old 03-05-2020, 08:10 AM
  # 211 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Old 03-06-2020, 02:24 AM
  # 212 (permalink)  

Liking Ann's share of the Piglet photo. I've been entertained by Winnie the Pooh and gang since way back when. So cute.

I am so grateful it's Friday! That means I get to be off work for a couple of days to concentrate on getting work done around the house! So much fun, lol.

Seriously, though, I truly am grateful to awaken feeling fairly well rested and to have a positive outlook. It's been such a rollercoaster ride in recent years that I appreciate the opportunity to stroll on flat land for awhile.

Best wishes to all and have a wonderful Friday.
Old 03-06-2020, 04:19 PM
  # 213 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Happy Weekend, Anaya!!

Old 03-07-2020, 04:37 AM
  # 214 (permalink)  

You, as well, Miss Ann.

Grateful today for rising early and getting started with stuff I really do not feel like doing; unfortunately, no cleaning fairy on hand to get it done for me.
Old 03-12-2020, 02:28 PM
  # 215 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Grateful for good medical care and the support of friends and family.

And for a restful day watching robins build a nest...who knew that watching a bird build a nest could be a relaxing and learning experience? They choose wisely, build selectively and are patient the whole time. I swear they knew I was watching and were showing off.
Old 03-14-2020, 07:26 AM
  # 216 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ann View Post
Grateful for good medical care and the support of friends and family.

And for a restful day watching robins build a nest...who knew that watching a bird build a nest could be a relaxing and learning experience? They choose wisely, build selectively and are patient the whole time. I swear they knew I was watching and were showing off.
I also am grateful for good medical care. Young doc I had an appointment with earlier this week was so very kind. I appreciate that.

The birds - how sweet! Otherwise, I am intrigued as I watch the patterns birds fly, wishing I could be up there with them.
Old 03-14-2020, 05:26 PM
  # 217 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Old 03-29-2020, 02:14 PM
  # 218 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Today I am so grateful for many things.

1. I am grateful that I have a job that I can work from home.
2. That I still have a job for now although I got a 20% pay cut.
3. I am grateful I have a little savings.
4. That my health is much better. I was in ICU for a week - the beginning of March. (Stomach bug caused Diabetic Keto Acidosis.)
5. And lastly, although I am not really a cat person, I got a 2 yr rescue little boy. I absolutely .love him. I wanted a little buddy but I didn't want the responsibility of a dog. Omg, he is so cute, so soft, so sweet and a little naughty. And I wouldn't have it any other way. I can't believe how much I love this little guy. Who knew?
Old 03-30-2020, 01:48 PM
  # 219 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

And lastly, although I am not really a cat person, I got a 2 yr rescue little boy. I absolutely .love him. I wanted a little buddy but I didn't want the responsibility of a dog. Omg, he is so cute, so soft, so sweet and a little naughty. And I wouldn't have it any other way. I can't believe how much I love this little guy. Who knew?
Oh LMN, this brought a tear to my eye. After all you have been through, to take in a rescue kitty just makes me choke up. What's his name? Can you post a picture? This is such a good thing you have done and kitty is very blessed to have you.

I'm sorry you were in the hospital but glad you are out and okay, phewww. Take care while this virus.

I am grateful today that my blood levels are good as new and I can proceed with treatments next week. And grateful for good doctors and meds that have kept me living well for over 6 years now, and I expect many more. I have a lady friend who has been going though a variety of medications and treatments for 20 years now and she lives a great life.

Life is good, so much to be grateful for.

Keeping an attitude of gratitude.

Old 03-30-2020, 02:55 PM
  # 220 (permalink)  
Curmudgeon, Electrical Engineer, Guitar God Wannabe

Location: Where the mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the Earth
I'm thankful that I can work remotely without too much disruption. So many people are losing their jobs and their ability to support themselves. It's awful, just horrendous. But for now, the missus and I are safe. Hopefully all of you are too.