Join Me in 30 Days of Gratitude...Part 2

Old 02-05-2020, 12:18 PM
  # 181 (permalink)  

Anaya- donating my carcass to science also means there will be no funeral- or financial burden on people who are not in my life, but would find such events an obligation and distressing to them.

Not in any hurry- grateful for the life I am building. Slow as progress seems sat times.
Old 02-09-2020, 06:36 AM
  # 182 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Good Morning my grateful friends.

Ann - you're moving again? After my last move, I do not think I ever want to move again. But if it was to move near the beach, I would be packing today or more like the day of the move again, lol.

Pj and Anaya, so glad to see you both still posting. Gratitude is so important in our own recoveries.

I am so grateful that I spent all day yesterday working - to get ahead. Funny thing, 2 of the "mean girls" are gone now. I have the "seniority" and even my big boss needs my help. I have been given a lot more responsibility, which is somewhat overwhelming but I love the challenge and will rise to the occasion.

Also, so grateful that for some reason my daughter has been reaching out more via text. Then she wanted to FaceTime. First time!!! She looked happy and it made heart smile. She was introducing me to her friends and telling them funny stories about us. I am so happy she is remembering the good times. She did share that she is worried her dad my have early Alzheimer's because he forgot her bday and keeps calling his girlfriend my name, lol. All I could think was, It couldn't be the booze or pills effecting his memory? But I didn't say it, I just said "oh that's too bad and oh, I hope not."

Today, I am so grateful for all of this and for all of you who help keep this thread alive.
Old 02-09-2020, 01:33 PM
  # 183 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Mean girls can't hold a candle to you, LMN, they all disappear sooner or later. I am glad you are talking with your daughter, she sounds a lit like you...pssst...that's a GOOD thing.

Our planned condo on the beach fell through, LMN but we are still watching and waiting and will definitely head that way when the time comes. Yes, we are gypsies I think, moving when the whim calls. We have spent most of our lives on one of the great lakes and I am happy to be heading back to one again. We drove down there today, this is no tropical paradise but I love it.

Old 02-09-2020, 01:35 PM
  # 184 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I am grateful today for heading toward spring. I love spring, perhaps most of all the seasons. Bird migration has a lot to do with it, I wait and watch and listen, every spring.
Old 02-10-2020, 02:53 AM
  # 185 (permalink)  

LMN: I am so very happy for you! Hugs. My daughter is also a dear.

Ann: I love the photos you share, including the avatars you choose and the photos that you share in your posts.

I am ready for spring! In my part of the world, there's an annual practice that happens on Groundhog Day, where little rodent, Phil, "predicts" how long winter will last/the coming of spring. Ok -- it is a little bit looney but a little bit fun as well!

https://youtu.be/5tJSuSVgQE4
Old 02-13-2020, 12:22 PM
  # 186 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

We have groundhog day too, Anaya, and this year he predicted an early spring.

I am grateful today for fresh air and lovely nature. A quick trip to the beach just lifted my spirits like nothing else. I took bird seed for the geese and mallards and they came, ate and thanked me before they left again.

Old 02-14-2020, 02:56 AM
  # 187 (permalink)  

Thanks for the lovely visual, Ann.

Otherwise, I wanted to share that Canada geese abound in my neighborhood. They are particularly stubborn when crossing the road, refusing to move for vehicles. Patience is the only solution when that happens, lol.
Old 02-15-2020, 02:12 AM
  # 188 (permalink)  

- for my life....for growing emotional maturity and having a body, albeit under protest- continues to heal...
Old 02-15-2020, 03:03 AM
  # 189 (permalink)  

Good news, PJ. Two thumbs up, friend.

Grateful today that I am choosing to stay focused when I really don't want to put forth the effort to do so! That 80's song, "Girls Just Want to Have Fun" comes to mind...

Grateful today to have kept the faith.

Grateful today to experience peace of mind and the feeling of well being.
Old 02-17-2020, 02:19 PM
  # 190 (permalink)  

- for the ability to learn, evolve and grow- emotionally. The skill of 'letting go' is now not just over the horizon, but on it.

At my current rate of progress- I can probably be classified as a well adjusted human when I am 473 years of age.
Old 02-17-2020, 03:33 PM
  # 191 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Awww, PJ, it only took me 100 years. *snork*

Grateful today for SR and my friends here. We lost a friend to an overdose last weekend and I found myself needing to be with people I could talk to and who truly understood.

Old 02-18-2020, 02:51 AM
  # 192 (permalink)  

Ann - I am sorry for the loss of your friend. I pray there will be peace.
Old 02-18-2020, 12:03 PM
  # 193 (permalink)  

More prayers, Ann.
Old 02-20-2020, 02:43 AM
  # 194 (permalink)  

I am grateful that I have gone into this new chapter in my life with eyes wide open. That I now have support from the outside is hugely comforting and I am very fortunate. I no longer feel isolated.

Family members are reaching out to me, communicating, and have invited me out with them this coming weekend. I am really looking forward to it.

TBTG for caring and generous people.
Old 02-21-2020, 01:14 AM
  # 195 (permalink)  

Grateful to get up early and to want to exercise. Treadmill, here I come.

Grateful it is almost the weekend. TGIF!
Old 02-21-2020, 05:45 AM
  # 196 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

I am grateful to read my grateful SR friends posts,

Oh Ann, I am sorry for your loss. Keeping your friend family and friends in my prayers.
Old 02-21-2020, 06:21 AM
  # 197 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Thanks for the condolences and prayers for his family.

Today I am grateful that a very busy week has come to an end and I can lolligag and do only relaxing stuff. And grateful that God's got me covered on days when I need Him to take care of things.

Hugs to all my grateful friends here, I love you all.

And...p.s.....Anaya, your flowers avi is just lovely.
Old 02-21-2020, 03:55 PM
  # 198 (permalink)  

- for a growing sense of being more 'connected' to non-me stuff. I prefer the word connected than happy, or sad , whatever.....keeping it real I suppose.
Old 02-23-2020, 01:50 PM
  # 199 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I am grateful to be able to "feel" the energy and peace that nature brings and for time to spend there.

And for sunshine and the promise of spring.

Old 02-24-2020, 01:55 AM
  # 200 (permalink)  

Grateful for the wonderful avatars Ann uses.

The deer in the avatar reminds me that the other day, I narrowly missed hitting one of those lovely creatures. It's common for them to cross roads -- even in densely populated areas that I pass through. I've noticed that when one makes its way to cross the street, there's usually more to follow.