Looking for harm reduction folks here

Old 05-04-2019, 07:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
I Love Who I Am

Looking for harm reduction folks here

Hi Friends! ☺️
I used to hang out here all the time back when I was married to my alcoholic husband. You good people helped me so much.

today I am managing my relationship with an opioid addict and boyfriend. The only difference is that I serve on the national board of MOMS united to end the war on drugs, and I have learned so much about harm reduction so much. It's what I practice in my relationship Really with everyone.

just wondering if there are other folks here that understand and are walking the same path.

Love, Transformyself ☺️
Old 05-05-2019, 04:30 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I think harm reduction can be helpful to save some addicts from dying. But I have seen other harm reduction programs that were disasters...one provided small amounts of crack on the assumption that this would stop crack binging and the stealing done to support it. All it did was add more crack to the menu.

Needle exchange programs, supervised sites are debated often and I personally think they may help those who are willing to use them, to stay alive.

Personally, I support programs that work to help the addict get off and stay off drugs entirely.

In a perfect world all addicts would stop and never use again...but that's not the reality of addiction for many, and they need help too.