Is it obvious he is a drug addict and on what drug?

Old 05-01-2019, 10:18 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I did the same thing. I wanted so badly to understand his addiction. But I was just torturing myself. My healing came when I put the effort into understanding my own issues, my "codependency".
Old 05-02-2019, 05:21 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Susulaila89 View Post
1. Guzzles down 10 norcos and doesn’t work for him. 2. Comes up with stories of him getting robbed all the time yet nothing is missing.
3. Disappears for a few hours.
4. Constantly breaking up with me and coming back.
5. Wanting to hustle on the side.
6. Every car he’s had has been impounded.
7. Commits crimes like it’s a hobby.
8. Freaks out if he doesn’t have marijuana.
9. He’s in the hood (the ghetto) everyday trying to get marijuana.
10. His best friend was or is a coke dealer.
11. Majority of his friends are either on drugs or sell it.
12. He is bipolar/schizophrenic but his mood swings are excessive and extreme.
13. Aggressive
14. Name calling and random outbursts.
15. Hypochondriac
16. Shakes, charters teeth and cries that he’s in pain.
17. Complaints of bone and muscle pain for the past few years.
18. Front teeth are deteriated.
19. He’s 38 but looks 55.
20. Is an alcoholic
21. Steals
22. Wrinkles around his mouth and nose.
23. Anger issues
24. Really nice and loving when you give him money.
25. Goes crazy if something doesn’t go his way.
26. Always in debt

So much others but can’t think of them right now.
From this list alone, my guess would be opioids (the way they work on your pain receptors is the pain comes back ten fold, worse than if you hadn’t taken anything at all for pain, so based on #1 & #17, I’d guess that is something); marijuana , coke and possibly meth from the rest of your list. But who knows what else.

Was he diagnosed prior to having drug problems? The diagnosis for bipolar (mood disorder) + schizophrenia (thought disorder) is called schizoaffective disorder. I’ve worked with many people who have this diagnosis, some with dual diagnosis (in group home settings). However both prescription and street drugs (and alcohol for that matter), and their withdrawal, can cause those very symptoms (depression, anxiety, mood swings, irritability, delusions, paranoia, hearing voices/ seeing things that aren’t there..). Plus when someone is in active addiction, their diet/ nutritional needs aren’t being met, sleep is usually erratic, forget about exercise, so that just exacerbates everything .

Basically the person is a mess. In my opinion, I wouldn’t get too caught up on the diagnosis, unless he is clean and sober for at least a year, and still exhibiting those symptoms/ behaviors. I’d focus more on the fact that he is in the throes of addiction, out of control, and if I were in your shoes, I’d take the necessary steps to protect myself from this. His situation sounds severe .
Old 05-02-2019, 05:36 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
"O you must wear your rue with difference".

From your list I would guess synthetic pot, which is more analogous to meth and has unpredictable effects. The user often suffers extreme pain when in withdrawal. I also think this is a poly substance user -- so if it isn't one thing it is another, which means you will never really know.

What you do know: he is not safe to be around.
Old 05-03-2019, 08:30 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

i am back

no reason. everything is going good in my life. i have learned there is really nothing i (we) can do about out addicts use but pray. i do a lot of that. he has been home from prison for 3 yrs. i know he still goes on a run sometimes.i have learn to turn to prayer. it makes me feel better. i pray for my son for myself & i still pray for all of u. God bless u & i hope at least some of u have learn to let go & let God. i love u all, hope 213