Lost for words

Old 03-28-2019, 10:39 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Lost for words

My husband left home and is in day 3 of his latest relapse after being one day shy of 6 months.

He scream yesterday how he was going to kill himself. Today he thinks I have his payroll check and am withholding it from him . But it's rent money .he has been calling today demanding the money. Accusing me of stealing the money. I told him no .I'm not bringing it .it's for the rent .this is the first time in the 3 days he is really calling me.

I guess I'm looking for the right words to help him or encourage him. I know probably nothing I say will actually help .But it is what I'm willing to do while he is suffering an active relapse .

I'm going to text him different statements he wrote in his addiction study book .his words .I hope this Manic Episode ends soon.

Thanks for reading

Last edited by Lynnjenn2; 03-28-2019 at 10:43 AM. Reason: Mistake
Old 03-28-2019, 12:32 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Lynnjenn, the only time I was in physical fear of my son was when I was witholding money from him. We had a joint bank account requiring both to sign (me and him), and I refused to allow him to withdraw money when he was on a relapse roll.

Tell him you paid the rent, that may get him to back off. If he thinks you still have it, you could be in danger.

I'm sorry you are going through this. I suggest you protect your own bank account and other money, if he can get at it he will, that's the sad truth of addiction.

I am sorry you are going through this, please don't feel bad if nothing you do works. You can't reason with insanity, it's that simple. If love could save an addict, not one of us would be here.

Good luck.
Old 03-28-2019, 01:21 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Lynnjenn I know you want to be helpful and supportive, but right now you must take all measures to protect yourself. There is no getting through to an addict in an active manic phase. You may consider limiting contact as much as possible.
Old 03-28-2019, 01:58 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I totally agree with what's been said. I think you're in more danger than you realize. Please be careful.
Old 03-28-2019, 03:58 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yes, i believe that

So, .He reaches out and appeared to be more clear mentally .I am still unsure if his intentions are good or bad . But sober I picked him up just in time for his mental health doctor in home visit .I didn't know dje was coming today. She provided great words of support and he was honest admitting he relapssrelapss after she talk to him another mental health professional showed and he is now at his 6 AA meeting for a white chip and support. I am trying to ne safe as possible. But only worry I have is he created a 200$ debt to a drug dealer. He is pressed about it . We will see how it goes. But trust I'm trying to be as safe as possible . I will chat in a few

And as all have said I should go to an Al Anon meeting .the doctor talked toe about that too. I'mma try it cause if everyone says the same thing it's some truth in it. And it's what I don't want to do so I'mma do it .that's what I tell my kids. Whatever it is you swear you don't want to do .do that first so I'm searching for a local meeting begrudgingly .but I will work on thay