What is this substance?

Old 01-29-2019, 10:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

What is this substance?

Hi All,

Hoping you might be able to help me out here. Husband has some sort of substance in tin foil. It is NOT sticky or tar like. It is in very small amounts. One little piece looked almost like a tiny bit of very dark brown glass. Not quite black, but crystal like. Another foil had what appeared to be the same very dark brown, but a bit more flaky. There are also empty pens, but he also has used these to snort his Adderall and oxycodone historically.

He's a snorter/smoker. Don't think he's injecting. Was wondering this summer if he was supplementing his prescription Adderall with meth as he was awake for long periods of times and at one point in time was convinced he had some sort of bug infestation. (He didn't.) Maybe that is what it is?

There is a burn mark on the back of some of the foil pieces. They tend to be folded in a long strip, not a small square. His nephew thinks he may be doing what they call "chasing the dragon."? He admitted to his nephew that he had snorted cocaine here and there. Maybe it is that?

Any idea?
Thank you,
Heelkat
Old 01-29-2019, 11:40 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hello. If the black stuff in the foil is long thin lines, that is most likely heroin that has been snorted. If you found foil all crumbled into small balls then the lines get broken up.
Old 01-29-2019, 11:55 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

could be hash, hash oil, heroin.....something smoked in the foil.

but does it matter so much WHAT it is.....rather shouldn't it matter that his drug use is ongoing and active? has it all become perhaps too "normal" for you now? cuz it's NOT normal.....
Old 01-29-2019, 01:38 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I agree that it doesn't matter what it is, I'm sorry your husband is using drugs.

One thing I know of that looks like broken brown glass is called "shatter" its a very processed (so potent) form of cannabis

Some people I used to work with were into this stuff and said they would never go back to smoking regular pot because this stuff got them far more messed up and they liked that better...

Of course I have no way of knowing if this is what you found.

Good luck. Its rough being married to an addict, I remember it well.
Old 01-29-2019, 02:09 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you all! I agree none of it is normal. "Falling asleep" on the toilet for hours or in the back of a car while working on the stereo system or taking 3 hours to write a single email while staring at the same screen, isn't normal. I'm used to seeing his texts about quantities of pills, but the last one said "1 with bag, bag .3". So, I don't know .3 of what. Is it the substance on the foil? But you're right, the issue is what it is, regardless of the substance. And yes, that means I snoop and could certainly make better use of my time.
Old 01-30-2019, 11:46 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

True, it does not matter what drug it is. A drug is a drug is a drug. This person is reaching the bottom, whether or not they can admit it is another story.
Old 01-30-2019, 12:50 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

are there children in the home?