SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Substance Abusers (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/)
-   -   Join me in 30 Days of Gratitude... (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/435484-join-me-30-days-gratitude.html)

LoveMeNow 01-12-2019 07:56 AM

Join me in 30 Days of Gratitude...

I have done the 30 Days of Gratitude before and I really felt the difference. It really helps with keeping a positive frame of mind. Please join in and feel the difference too!

Today, I am grateful for my new job. I am loving it.

Ann 01-13-2019 04:07 PM

I am grateful you got a new job too, LMN, well done!!

Okay, I'm in. Today I am grateful for the miracle of modern medicine that is keeping me well and able to live a wonderful life, filled with adventure.

I am also grateful for sunshine, lots of sunshine, no matter how dang cold it may be outside.

Good thread, LMN. Thanks for starting it.

PhoenixJ 01-13-2019 05:19 PM

OK- I will commit. 6 a day....1143 Monday here.

Grateful for
- a brief message from one of my sons last week
- I still have most of my cognitive function despite the alcohol abuse/ burns
- the friendship I have made in the last 3y
- SR
- still having an arm/hand
- my life

LoveMeNow 01-13-2019 06:25 PM

So glad you are guys are joining in!

Today, I am grateful that I took some time to have some fun and went to a movie.

I am also very grateful that my friend Ann is doing well.

LoveMeNow 01-14-2019 05:03 PM

Today, I am grateful for my lemon tree. It produces the best lemons!

Ann 01-14-2019 05:15 PM

Today I am grateful for fresh apples from an orchard near me. A bag for me and a bag for a neighbour/friend who, in return, gave me one of her hand painted pictures on a lovely card. She is a true artist, althought she calls it a hobby.

And, *grits teeth*, I am grateful to have to get up at 4 am to make a trip to the city to see my oncologist (routine) who will give me another month of pills that are shrinking my lesions at an awesome rate. Thank you, God, for good research, good medical teams and the ability to find both.

And...one more...I am grateful for friends like LMN and PJ who have walked with me on this recovery journey and who keep me on my toes...and sometimes step on them *snork*

Ann 01-14-2019 05:20 PM

Okay, that's not right...above I was grateful for things or people who gave me stuff.

Let me try again.

I am grateful that the world is NOT all about me. Nature teaches me that my place is merely as "part of" and my job is to keep the balance always.

PhoenixJ 01-15-2019 08:35 AM

So I missed a few hours there- I will find something to blame it on, the heat, whatever

An honour being your friend Ann. Especially when you deliver that elephant.

Grateful for

- the clinical psychologist in the Burns Unit yesterday for pointing me in a direction I can pursue so I continue to grow in my recovery
- to be living in a city where I can live in freedom and enough water to have a garden
- for my continuing growth, cognitively
- for the art course I am doing
-for the ability to laugh at the absurd
-for life

deep, huh?

Ann 01-15-2019 12:13 PM

Did I say I was grateful for PJ and all his absurdity? :tongue:

Today I am grateful for a wonderful doctor who cheered me on and gave his blessing for my trip west next month.

I am grateful for a quiet afternoon in a cozy condo with classical music playing as I type.

And I am grateful for appliances that do most of my work...dishwasher, washer, dryer...and pray for people in other parts of the world who have to walk miles for just a bucket of fresh water. I must remember than in my prayers and in my donations.

LoveMeNow 01-15-2019 05:14 PM

Today, I am grateful for my heat. My good friends are without and the parts won't be in until Friday. I offered to let them stay with me but they didn't want to "impose." I am also grateful for that, lol.

I am also grateful that I saw my Dr today and this time I will get my blood work done.

Ann 01-16-2019 05:24 AM

Praying for your friends, LMN...that they get heat before they change their mind and move in with you. *snork*

I am grateful for so many things I tend to take for granted, food, water, a home, and all my basic needs are met.

I am grateful that I am no longer stuck in codependency, I am so "live and let live" these days that I almost have to check myself to see if I am just being complacent...I'm not. I give my time and energy to causes that will do something useful with them and I don't spin my wheels trying to "fix" people who don't want fixing.

I am grateful for SR, this March will be 17 years of checking in daily and keeping my recovery fresh.

https://breathingspacedc.com/wp-cont...0089763792.jpg

LoveMeNow 01-16-2019 06:15 PM

Today, I am grateful for a delicious and healthy dinner. I am also grateful that Ann (my recipe sister) and Pj have joined this thread. So much more fun to be grateful with others. :tyou

PhoenixJ 01-17-2019 03:51 AM

Unlike you, LMN- I am grateful for the heat going down.

Also
- hand healing well now
- for the 32 doco's I watched in the heatwave, I learn and my brain makes new neural connections- so not wasted.
-that my perspectives of the world continue to mature
- that I have found a path to find some closure n foo stuff

perhaps not 6 for today....

Ann 01-17-2019 04:47 AM

PJ, that is all big stuff. Good for you...but I KNEW you could do it.

Yes, LMN, we are sisters in recovery indeed. Papa would be proud. :wink:

Today I am grateful that we may get missed by the big snow storm that is heading across this area. Crossing my fingers.

I am grateful for good food, even when I mess up my ham hock and bean soup entirely like I did yesterday. It LOOKED so good in the recipe, I don't think the beans are supposed to be hard. :rolleyes:

I am grateful for a good day where I can do anything I want to do and not be weighted down by worry, fear, anger, sadness or any other negative emotion.

Hugs to my grateful friends, gratitude and attitude are everything.

https://i.postimg.cc/0j46n3fw/Daily-...ude-Quotes.jpg

LoveMeNow 01-17-2019 04:49 PM

Today, I am grateful that I work less then 5 miles from my home. It's so nice to be able to come at lunch time and get home without fighting traffic.

Ann 01-18-2019 06:18 AM

That sounds like the perfect job, LMN. Well done on finding it.

Today I am grateful that winter in my area still has some natural beauty and isn't too harsh to endure.

I am grateful for a peaceful mind, a loving heart and feet that get me where I want to go.

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/68/be/d8/6...09d5e98688.jpg

LoveMeNow 01-18-2019 05:11 PM

Today, I am grateful it's Friday. I was in training all day and I am mentally and physically exhausted. Although I really like my new job, there is a lot to learn. I already passed one certification course and am ready for the next. It's not easy retaining all this info at my age, I tell you. Good thing I remember how to take good notes. :e044:

Ann 01-19-2019 06:57 AM

This morning I am grateful for my squirrel, Fred, and the mourning doves who wait on my patio for "the seed lady" to throw out some breakfast seed and nuts. No matter how cold or grey the morning, they never fail to bring a smile to my face.

Ann 01-19-2019 07:23 AM

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/3b/d7/13/3...he-journey.jpg

LoveMeNow 01-19-2019 08:26 AM

Today, I am grateful that a very special Lady reached out to me. She helped walk me through many of my darkest days. I hope she knows how much it made my morning.

I am off to get a haircut/color with a new stylist. I hope I will be grateful that I am trying someone new. :)