Join me in 30 Days of Gratitude...

Old 07-18-2019, 04:53 AM
  # 421 (permalink)  

my nana used to hang out the 'smalls' inside pillow slips
Old 07-18-2019, 10:15 AM
  # 422 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Grateful to be able to dance with life, somedays like Ruby Keeler and some days like Elaine on Seinfeld,
but dance I shall, throwing my arms in the air and
tossing pride to the wind.

Old 07-19-2019, 05:30 AM
  # 423 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Grateful to have found my "child" mind again, carefree and full of adventure.

closest suntrust bank to me
Old 07-21-2019, 04:59 AM
  # 424 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Grateful today that the heatwave has broken and the humidity is gone and I can enjoy a perfect summer day.

Old 07-21-2019, 07:40 AM
  # 425 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Today, I am grateful I don't have to watch Ann dance like Elaine.

Today, I am grateful that I woke up early to start my busy day.
Old 07-21-2019, 08:08 AM
  # 426 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Just a little update on my job. I love the job, I love the work. However, we have 2-3 real bullies that create such a toxic atmosphere. I don't want to be in their clique because I don't associate with mean, toxic people. They see me (and others) as weak because we are fair, kind and honest. If they can make us feel bad about ourselves, they feel better about themselves. The sad part is the big boss is aware of this and has done nothing to stop it. They do their jobs well, she needs them as no one has been trained to do what they do. It would really leave her in a bind if they left.

I can ignore them, although it doesn't make for a happy work environment. But I can not ignore when they lie or are mean to others. Is that my codependency rearing its head?

My friends tell me to look for another job because life is too short and nothing is going to change. It's been going on well before I got there. But I like the work, I like my clients, the money is good and I will not them win. Not sure what to do.

All opinions welcome.
Old 07-21-2019, 04:52 PM
  # 427 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Originally Posted by LoveMeNow View Post
Today, I am grateful I don't have to watch Ann dance like Elaine.

LMN, you know how to rise above and are doing it with grace.

My suggestion is watch for another job that you would enjoy and make the move when the time is right.

Stinky turnips are still stinky turnips no matter how firmly you plug your nose. A pox on the bullies, may they get cramps that double them over and an itch that is just out of reach of a good scratch. *shakes fist at the universe*
Old 07-22-2019, 02:17 AM
  # 428 (permalink)  

Grateful to be awake, well rested, and ready to go this early Monday morning.

Grateful for all who share in this forum.

Grateful to see you are reaching out, LMN. I've experienced similarities to what you're going through in the workplace; at times, it has drained the life out of me. Gaining confidence and making and keeping boundaries has helped. At times, I really and truly work very hard to maintain self-discipline, to stay above the fray, to keep my mouth shut, and to stay focused on my job (it helps that I like what I am doing and am challenged to go above and beyond). Over time, I've seen those who are toxic in the office facing consequences for their behavior; in the meantime, I've continued to step forward. It is satisfying to know I've made good choices. I also keep my eyes wide open for job opportunities elsewhere.
Old 07-24-2019, 06:00 AM
  # 429 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

I woke up Sunday night with the worst stomach bug. I threw up for over 12 hours. I called out sick Monday and Tuesday and they are furious. I dread going in today. I have so much work to do. I am so behind. A part of me hopes I get let go today. A big part of me.

I am grateful that I have a little nest egg to hold me over....just in case.
This weekend, I will dedicate my time looking for a new job. Life is too short to be in such a toxic atmosphere.

I am better then this, I deserve better then this and I refuse to ever allow anyone to mistreat me again. I am grateful that I KNOW this now!
Old 07-25-2019, 03:31 AM
  # 430 (permalink)  

LMN: Hoping you feel better today, and crossing fingers that something better comes along for you.
Old 07-25-2019, 05:45 PM
  # 431 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Love your spunk, LMN. A perfect job awaits you. A pox on those boors who don't respect sick days.

I am grateful to be going home from the hospital tomorrow...a little heart issue snuck up on me but has been fixed.

If anyone is looking for cute doctors. I can take names.
Old 07-26-2019, 04:38 AM
  # 432 (permalink)  

Wishing you all a peaceful weekend.

Ann - so glad you are out of the hospital! I am sending up prayers for your continued improving health...and, also, that you can now resume getting to "dancing lightly with life!"

I am grateful for restful sleep, that I am staying focused on improving skills and looking forward to and toward a brighter future, and that I am committed to not engage in toxic conversations with spouse... that I am keeping boundaries in place. (It does make a difference in getting through the day and being "ok;" serenity and hopefulness are treasures. )
Old 07-26-2019, 04:44 PM
  # 433 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Grateful for Home Sweet Home.

Old 07-28-2019, 04:46 AM
  # 434 (permalink)  

Grateful for the great photos Ann shares. They always make me smile.
Grateful for Sunday, which will be a sunny day here where I live.
Grateful for serenity.
Grateful for lots of space in a quiet place here at home, where I can recharge and get ready for what's coming up this week.
Old 07-28-2019, 05:06 AM
  # 435 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Hello LMN,

A bit late, but I empathize with your situation. For a while at my current job, there was one young woman who made life miserable for everyone. I was already starting to look for work elsewhere when suddenly she announced she was leaving for another job in another town - Hallelujah!! Lol!

There is another, fabulous job out there for you somewhere. I hope you are feeling better! Go get 'em!
Old 07-28-2019, 06:28 AM
  # 436 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I am grateful that Seren joined us today, she always inspires me and her recovery shines brightly!

Old 07-28-2019, 07:18 AM
  # 437 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Originally Posted by Ann View Post
Love your spunk, LMN. A perfect job awaits you. A pox on those boors who don't respect sick days.

I am grateful to be going home from the hospital tomorrow...a little heart issue snuck up on me but has been fixed.

If anyone is looking for cute doctors. I can take names.
Hospital?? Heart?? What?? I warned you, what did I say.....

"Please don't grow your heart three sizes in one day."

I hope and pray your beautiful heart is all fixed and you are back to dancing like Elaine soon. xoxoxoxox
Old 07-28-2019, 07:20 AM
  # 438 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Originally Posted by Seren View Post
Hello LMN,

A bit late, but I empathize with your situation. For a while at my current job, there was one young woman who made life miserable for everyone. I was already starting to look for work elsewhere when suddenly she announced she was leaving for another job in another town - Hallelujah!! Lol!

There is another, fabulous job out there for you somewhere. I hope you are feeling better! Go get 'em!
Thank you Seren. I hope you join us more often!
Old 07-28-2019, 07:31 AM
  # 439 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

I am grateful to have so many supportive people in my life.

I am grateful that I went into work with my head held high. I am grateful that I know this is their story and has nothing to do about me. I am grateful that my numbers have been very high. I am grateful that I can show class, graciousness and kindness to people who have no idea what those words mean. I am grateful that I am me, imperfections and all.
Old 07-28-2019, 07:35 AM
  # 440 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Originally Posted by Anaya View Post
Grateful for the great photos Ann shares. They always make me smile.
Grateful for Sunday, which will be a sunny day here where I live.
Grateful for serenity.
Grateful for lots of space in a quiet place here at home, where I can recharge and get ready for what's coming up this week.
Anaya, I am grateful that you continue to share your strength and growth. Your posts have added so much to this thread.