Join me in 30 Days of Gratitude...

Old 08-18-2019, 10:04 AM
  # 461 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

LMN, I'm not going until mid-Sept. but just booked it all.

I am grateful for a neighbour who has adopted a stray cat that has been hanging around here. She took her in, checked her out with the vet and got supplies, and has posted pictures and ads in case someone lost the kitty. Kitty is in good shape, which is why she thinks she may be a runaway, and she has been sleeping on the patios here for several days now, taking food from my friend when offered.

I am grateful for good people in the world, like my neighbour.
Old 08-22-2019, 03:51 AM
  # 462 (permalink)  

I was surprised and pleased when I received a text from my daughter, asking me to join her and her hubby for dinner this evening! Those two are good hearted and supportive, and I am so very grateful.
Old 08-23-2019, 05:36 AM
  # 463 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Anaya, that sounds like wonderful fun. Enjoy yourself.

I am repeating a gratitude but I am so thankful for Augusts each year, cool nights and days that are warm and not humid and filled with sunshine. Harvests are coming in, fresh fruit and veggies are abundant and the leaves are just tinging with colour, getting ready for the autumn burst of reds and golds and yellow.

Old 08-24-2019, 05:12 AM
  # 464 (permalink)  

Grateful for Ann's uplifting ^^ post.

Where I live, the weather forecast shows temp in the 70's, sunshine, and just a lovely day to participate in an end of summer family picnic. I am very grateful!
Old 08-26-2019, 03:09 AM
  # 465 (permalink)  

So very grateful that my family came together for the family picnic this past Saturday, with awesome weather to boot. My mom was thrilled.

Today, I start a new schedule at work; got "so spoiled" with the one prior. I'll be sitting in traffic a lot longer, so I'll use that time to give a listen to the self-help audio books I borrowed from the library. Thank goodness for a wonderful local library and the folks, who make it all work so well.
Old 08-27-2019, 03:12 AM
  # 466 (permalink)  

for life
Old 08-27-2019, 05:46 AM
  # 467 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

PJ, I love your avatar art. Your recovery shines!

Grateful for a rainy day after many sunny ones, I can get errands done and catch up on indoor stuff before two busy days ahead for me.

Grateful for this thread, and all who dwell here.

Old 08-28-2019, 04:52 AM
  # 468 (permalink)  

I also am grateful for this thread.

Today, I am grateful to stick with it and once again seek care, in spite of the feeling that not much progress has been made. ODAT.

I am grateful that my daughter is willing to be there with me for an upcoming procedure.
Old 08-29-2019, 05:41 AM
  # 469 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

We're with you too, Anaya, keeping you in my prayers.

I am grateful today for sunshine and good harvests so I can restock my fridge with fresh veggies and fruit.
Old 08-29-2019, 10:32 AM
  # 470 (permalink)  

Thankful for this place and to login today after not being here for a while and immediately see familiar, comforting names. Thankful that I know I'll be welcome.

Ann - you particularly have some kind of internet reiki ability. Just seeing your posts is so soothing.
Old 08-29-2019, 06:23 PM
  # 471 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

That's very kind, Hanna, welcome back. You most certainly are welcome, and gratitude will see you far.

I am grateful today that I have no medical/dental/any kind of appointments tomorrow and can have the day all to myself.
Old 08-30-2019, 06:25 AM
  # 472 (permalink)  

I am grateful for the new day, and for the chance to bring my new husband’s dog for more visiting time with my cats. They are getting along well and fun to watch so that bodes well for our all residing together soon!
Old 08-30-2019, 12:13 PM
  # 473 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Grateful to seize the day....

Old 08-30-2019, 06:58 PM
  # 474 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Oh....I am so grateful for a 3 day weekend. Work has been so crazy with 2 people leaving, 2 people getting warnings and other people "sharing" their own misery. I am lucky because I can leave the office a lot during the dayand i work from home now on Fridays. I am just grateful to have a break from the craziness. I am grateful to know how to avoid toxic people.
Old 09-02-2019, 01:27 PM
  # 475 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Originally Posted by LoveMeNow View Post
I am just grateful to have a break from the craziness. I am grateful to know how to avoid toxic people.
Grateful to have walked through that lesson with you, LMN! And for the laughs we had along the way....some lessons just tickle my funny bone, ya know?

Old 09-03-2019, 01:20 PM
  # 476 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Old 09-04-2019, 03:40 PM
  # 477 (permalink)  

Grateful....just am..

after 3h sleep- back at attacking a problematic drawing for completion for mid-term informal grading tomorrow. It is nowhere as good as the top flight students work, I am not a gifted artist.
4y ago- it was predicted I would be needing institutionalized care- so bad was my cognitive function.

And here I am drawing art from an old master (a very grumpy one).

That there- that IS GRATITUDE EVERY MOMENT.
Old 09-04-2019, 03:41 PM
  # 478 (permalink)  

If I was given 6 million dollars and saw a blue whale, that would be cool too.
Old 09-05-2019, 03:05 AM
  # 479 (permalink)  

I'm so very grateful that my daughter is making time/taking time off to be with me during an upcoming procedure. Crossing fingers that this will be the first and last time I will have to ask for her help (as I infringe, I cringe!).

Throwback Thursday! -- I am remembering when schoolgirls were only allowed to wear pants on GYM days. And if your legs were cold on the other days, i.e., when a dress or skirt was worn -- knee-high socks or tights were the answer!

Old 09-05-2019, 08:50 AM
  # 480 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Oh golly, Ananda, me too. My legs were forever cold in these Canadian winters. We actually wore pants under our dresses to walk home from school...no school buses for us back in the day. "Cold" outweighed "cool" in the winter where I am from.Makes me cold to just post this here, lol.

PJ, just look how far you have come! 6 million dollars and/or a b lue whale cannot buy that kind of recovery...but it sure could make it more fun.

I am grateful that my husband has friends out of town far enough to give me a day to myself when he visits them. Today will be entirely lazy and relaxed. My one-pot dinner is ready for the oven later...and I shall read and nap and lolligag all day. ZZZZzzzzzz.