Join me in 30 Days of Gratitude...

Old 06-22-2019, 06:09 AM
  # 381 (permalink)  

PhoenixJ - Appreciating your post, with my best wishes for continued healing; noting you mentioned Australia's winter and, so, in my region, it is summer; though, recent weather where I live has been, if you will, weird! So "fall-like" some days, hot and more "summer-like" on others. On the very cool days, I do enjoy the cool evenings, being able to open the windows at bedtime, feeling the cool breeze as I drift off to sleep (as opposed to shutting windows and turning on the AC).

Ann - What a lovely, lovely poem. So meaningful. Thinking on that poem is, I suppose, timely for me -- fitting in with my practicing mindfulness.

I am so very grateful to participate in this forum and to share and to appreciate what others share.

Wishing a beautiful and blessed weekend to all.
Old 06-22-2019, 04:44 PM
  # 382 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Today I am grateful for a perfect summer day and for baby ospreys that are now big enough to see over the side of the high nests. It looks like two girls again, like last year, although I am not certain of the youngest yet.

I love nature, God's perfect reminder that He's got everything under control and the world will run just fine today.
Old 06-24-2019, 03:36 AM
  # 383 (permalink)  

I am grateful to be awake, motivated, and looking forward to a busy week!

Both of the moms in my family are going through big life changes and health challenges. On the one hand, I have peace knowing my mom has support, love, and care; seems to have improved quality of life. OTOH - though MIL seems to be in good hands and have support and love from family, I am on pins and needles with my MIL's diagnosis. I am praying she will have a fighting chance.

One day at a time.
Old 06-24-2019, 06:57 AM
  # 384 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Sending my best prayers Anaya, for both mamas and for your peace of heart.

Grateful for summer and all that summer brings...

Old 06-25-2019, 03:04 AM
  # 385 (permalink)  

Grateful for waking fairly well rested.

I am hopeful that today will be better than yesterday.

I am so happy to have paid attention to my gut, to not have been fooled (fool me once - shame on you, fool me twice - shame on me), and to have chosen to keep boundaries in place with whom I consider toxic family members. It does make such a difference -- it sure helps to feel safe and to stay on task. I give a lot of credit to SR and what I've learned here over the years.
Old 06-25-2019, 07:52 AM
  # 386 (permalink)  

just am......
Old 06-25-2019, 12:06 PM
  # 387 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Hiya PJ.

I am grateful that I found my bracelet that Bubba bought me last winter in Vancouver Island, I was sick when I noticed it gone from my write and checked everywhere I had been , to no avail. This morning I found it wayyy down on the passenger side of the car...and I took it in for a safety clasp so I won't lose it again. Pheww.
Old 06-25-2019, 01:27 PM
  # 388 (permalink)  

duct tape Ann. coloured duct tape.
Old 06-26-2019, 03:40 AM
  # 389 (permalink)  

I am grateful to be up and about, to be determined to complete my to-do list, and above all, that it will be a beautiful day. I am sure my dog wouldn't mind if I take a break and take him for a walk at some point. Loving summer and hoping it doesn't fly by (tho I know it will, lol).

Wishing all a peace-filled and lovely day.
Old 06-26-2019, 06:02 AM
  # 390 (permalink)  

for a maturing perception of a mindful practice on life
Old 06-26-2019, 06:02 AM
  # 391 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

I am grateful for my wonderful neighbor and her wise words of wisdom. She can really put my head on straight when I need her advice.

P.s. I hate walking around with a crooked head, it so uncomfortable.
Old 06-26-2019, 12:58 PM
  # 392 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

PJ!

I have!! Grateful for a very good day!
Old 06-26-2019, 06:45 PM
  # 393 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I meant....LMN!

You both make me chorkle.

I am grateful to live in a wonderful country that is free and safe and full of wonderful nature. This coming weekend is our Canada Day and I am grateful that my niece, her hubby and kids come each year to celebrate with us.

To all my Canadian friends here...

Old 06-27-2019, 02:36 AM
  # 394 (permalink)  

I look forward to a beautiful day -- so much to do. I'm feeling energized, well rested, and ready to go. I am grateful for the opportunity to participate here in SR forums. Wishing all a peaceful and hopeful day.
Old 06-27-2019, 05:46 AM
  # 395 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

I am grateful for water, especially a cold glass of water this morning.

Sometimes, I forget how lucky I am to have mostly free water and as much as I need. There are so many that do not. So today, I am grateful for water.
Old 06-28-2019, 05:08 AM
  # 396 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I am grateful that weather this weekend is predicted to be sunny. My niece, hubby and kids will visit tomorrow and Sunday and the kids need to have fun outdoors.

Old 06-29-2019, 04:02 AM
  # 397 (permalink)  

I read a story, apparently truism- of a dead German soldier that was discovered by some Canadian troops in WW1. The body had battle plans or some such on it's person. The Canadian troops very nicely by some means- sent the plans back to the Germans.

Today I am grateful that all of the droning hours I have spent on healing my fried brain- is working, with a maturing perception of myself and my part in the world I exist in. Stuff still causes me to grieve, but I can function better, accept more and do more now.
Old 06-29-2019, 07:03 AM
  # 398 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Happy Canada Day, Ann!

I am grateful that my friend picked us up dinner last night and we caught up on our show. A fun but relaxing evening is just what I needed.
Old 06-30-2019, 12:39 PM
  # 399 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Originally Posted by Ann View Post
I am grateful that weather this weekend is predicted to be sunny. My niece, hubby and kids will visit tomorrow and Sunday and the kids need to have fun outdoors.
Grateful to see them come, grateful to see them go home again...bless their hearts, lol.

I do love the little angels but lordy lordy an almost 3 year old and her 6 year old brother can just wear ya right out.

God bless the children. God bless their Auntie.
Old 07-01-2019, 03:32 AM
  # 400 (permalink)  

Grateful for Monday, the start of a "new week," and am looking forward to (well, at least telling myself to and hoping it will stick, lol! ) all that the week will bring.