Join me in 30 Days of Gratitude...

Old 05-10-2019, 05:05 PM
  # 281 (permalink)  

For the rain after driest Autumn of record.

And this place- manic laughter dwindled, but still muttering.
Old 05-11-2019, 04:44 AM
  # 282 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Grateful for Saturdays and the kick back and relax feeling they always bring...even when I am retired.

nearest bp with diesel
Old 05-11-2019, 09:42 PM
  # 283 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

I am grateful I got a few things off my "to do list" then took a nice nap.

I am sooooo grateful that my Godchild sent me a "bada$$ Godmother" journal. It was so sweet of her to think of me on Mother's Day.
Old 05-12-2019, 04:36 AM
  # 284 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

That was sweet, LMN.

I am grateful that I was raised by a wonderful mother, who was widowed when I was 6 and raised my two older brothers and me and also had my grandfather come live with us in his later years. I learned so much from her, and mostly about love and family and taking care of each other.

I am grateful too, for a wonderful mother-in-law who was always there for us and was funny and patient and never out of sorts.

Both these women guided by example but never once interfered or judged our choices.

May they rest in peace and may they live forever in our hearts.

Happy Mother's Day

Old 05-12-2019, 06:52 AM
  # 285 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

I am grateful that I had the opportunity to be a mother although things didn't turn out as I had wished. I am grateful that I no longer feel any hurt or pain about it. I am grateful that I have come to accept that for now "it is what it is."

I am also grateful for my mother and her unconditional love.

Lastly, I pray my 3 nieces, who lost their mother 2 years ago, find peace today.
Old 05-12-2019, 07:19 AM
  # 286 (permalink)  

Beautiful memories shared, ladies.

I am grateful to have been blessed with the status of motherhood. My kids, though I see them infrequently, are in my thoughts and prayers.

I am very grateful to be, to have been a child of a dedicated and loving mother and wonderful, doting grandmothers. I am thankful for how blessed I've been, now moreso than ever as I've reached this mature stage of life. I miss my grandmas dearly.

Happy Mother's Day to all the women who unselfishly participate in the care, nurturing, and mentoring of children. Enjoy your day.
Old 05-13-2019, 06:17 PM
  # 287 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Grateful that even though the spring weather isn't perfect, it is as far away from next winter as time can be.

Old 05-13-2019, 06:40 PM
  # 288 (permalink)  

New beginnings
Old 05-14-2019, 03:53 AM
  # 289 (permalink)  

I am grateful to have good coffee to drink and a little time to relax and check in at SR, while I await/look forward to grabbing my work clothing out of the dryer (love the smell from the dryer sheets and the feeling of warmth on the skin). Have a great day, folks.
Old 05-14-2019, 05:27 AM
  # 290 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Old 05-15-2019, 12:00 AM
  # 291 (permalink)  

for my pyycho lady for tolerating my ramblings....she think I am doing 'really well'.
Old 05-15-2019, 05:00 AM
  # 292 (permalink)  

Grateful to push myself to take advantage of opportunities.

It's not so bad after all to go to events alone.

I had ventured out on my own to attend a concert this past December -- so very lucky to get a seat after I finally decided to go for it and purchased a ticket to go see Andrea Bocelli. I will never forget the performance. Awesome
Old 05-15-2019, 05:35 AM
  # 293 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Oh Anaya, I LOVE Andrea Bocelli, how wonderful that you saw him. He has the voice of an angel and whenever I hear him on TV or radio, I stop in my tracks to listen.

PJ, you ARE doing very well, you are an amazing soul.

LMN, I said a prayer for your nieces, how blessed they are to have a wonderful aunt like you.

I am grateful for sunshine today after several rainy days in a row. Nature calls.

Old 05-16-2019, 04:02 AM
  # 294 (permalink)  

Grateful for a good breakfast and positive thoughts to start my day!

Grateful for Ann, Phoenix, LMN and others, who contribute to this thread. I look forward to seeing what is shared here and am so glad for the opportunity to participate.

Grateful that I am choosing to keep boundaries in place with both husband and son -- it is never easy but I won't give up.

Grateful to choose to work on physical and mental health. My focus is on those goals and off trying to fix things that are not mine to fix.
Old 05-16-2019, 06:08 AM
  # 295 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Good Morning 😃

I am grateful that I do not have any active adddicts in my life. I am grateful that I no longer live with that insanity. I am grateful that I have a peaceful life.
Old 05-16-2019, 12:01 PM
  # 296 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

^^^^

That's huge, LMN. I was okay and life was much better once the circus left town. I tried to fix and didn't fail, it just wasn't mine to fix in the first place.

Anaya, I love this warm little thread too. It's a place of peace to come each day and just take time to be grateful.

Old 05-16-2019, 06:19 PM
  # 297 (permalink)  

A beautiful day here. Re-enrolled in art school, after a lengthy meet with staff, supported a very damaged friend who just cannot beat the addiction cycle,
My hand- my doc said infected, Burns Unit said- not, just how it is meant to look.
Either way, with AB's on board- it looks better.
So yes, grateful for all feedback- trial and error. I am a bit obsessed with Handenstein, or Frankenarm, having very, very nearly had both lopped off.

And for life, overall actually.
Old 05-17-2019, 03:32 AM
  # 298 (permalink)  

Wishing you continued healing and strength, PhoenixJ. I truly hope you are not experiencing great pain, that you are past the hard part.

Over two years ago after an accident with resulting injuries, I chose surgery for a Colles fracture. I was totally"squeamish about it" in the first place but, in hindsight, so glad that it was done; I am grateful for the hardware he inserted (doc told me my movement would be very limited if I chose to let it heal on its own).

To this day, I am grateful for the docs, staff, and therapists who got me through that time. I had to resume working shortly after surgery and it was pretty tricky.

Wishing you all a great day as we make this journey together, one day at a time.
Old 05-17-2019, 04:10 AM
  # 299 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Grateful for good doctors everywhere who keep us running well.

And grateful for another sunny morning after a night rain that helped me sleep.

Old 05-17-2019, 05:43 AM
  # 300 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

I am grateful for my little porch/courtyard. It's a private area where I can drink my coffee, watch the bids, grow my tomatoes, flowers, lemon and orange tree. It's my favorite place to just relax after a long day.