Join me in 30 Days of Gratitude...

Old 04-14-2019, 06:53 PM
  # 201 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Originally Posted by Anaya View Post
I am so glad you are feeling better and hope you stay well.

I agree with "...I can change how I allow people to treat me." I am working on that as well, at work and at home. So, it can be very challenging, but I am not giving up.

Hugs to you with lots of support to get through this, to know that you are not alone, and wishing you confidence in setting and keeping your boundaries.

Stay well, friend.
Thank you Anaya for such a kind and uplifting response.

I am so glad that you are not giving up either. We can do this!
Old 04-14-2019, 06:56 PM
  # 202 (permalink)  

That the surgery is finished and I am home.
Old 04-14-2019, 07:38 PM
  # 203 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

I always enjoy your pictures Ann. Thank you for sharing them with us.

Today, I am grateful that I have discovered the love of plants, planting and propagating. I love growing different plants from cuttings. My tomato plants are doing great and I am finally seeing a little tomatos beginning to grow.
Old 04-15-2019, 04:01 AM
  # 204 (permalink)  

I am grateful for this forum and for all who frequent these threads; so very grateful for the experience(s), strength, and hope shared.

Today, I plan to stay clear of the victim mentality and focus on positivity.

Today, I continue to be grateful for improving health. I am solely responsible for making sure I can function effectively and I am solely responsible to seek to learn and grow.

I will make no excuses today, I will keep moving right along.

Happy Monday to all.
Old 04-15-2019, 05:56 AM
  # 205 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

PJ, I am so glad this is over and you are home again. Take it easy and enjoy your own space.

I am grateful for all the inspiration I find here, it's good to feel good about life again.

LMN, I envy your garden and tomatoes, we are about 4 weeks away from even planting.

Anaya, positivity is a huge energy giver. We have choices and to choose a positive attitude will see us far.

I am grateful today for all I have learned here, even though I came broken and exhausted. Through the years I have grown and enjoy life like I never knew I could

Old 04-15-2019, 08:39 AM
  # 206 (permalink)  

For my recovery- strong and unquestioned. The hand surgery was initially planned at a time post burns where I drank out of despair and loneliness. That I had this surgery on an arm which was nearly amputated.
Grateful regardless of how crappy I feel, that I am alive and still to be counted!
Old 04-15-2019, 05:40 PM
  # 207 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

((PJ)). Your recovery is shining brightly!!! Get well soon.
Old 04-16-2019, 04:13 AM
  # 208 (permalink)  

Grateful to wake up energized*.

*Well, actually, after I got out of bed and got moving, then with the help of a cup of coffee, then the energy kicked in.
Old 04-16-2019, 06:00 AM
  # 209 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Grateful for a sunny spring day with time to do whatever I want.

Old 04-17-2019, 02:32 AM
  # 210 (permalink)  

I am grateful for the lovely photos Ann shares.
I am grateful to have the opportunity to come here and participate. It means the world to me to be part of this community.
I am grateful to those who are supportive and kind to my mother.
I am grateful to all who have nudged me along to walk the path of recovery and healing.
Old 04-17-2019, 06:50 AM
  # 211 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

I am grateful that I stood up for myself yesterday. I received an email from my supervisor last night and she is definitely trying to cover her butt! I agreed to a 30 day review and if things have not changed, we are going to part Company. I am fine with that. Life is too short to be disrespected daily. I am grateful that I refuse to allow anyone to ever mistreat me again. Meanwhile, I am updating my resume.
Old 04-17-2019, 12:01 PM
  # 212 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

We are standing with you. LMN. I am so glad your boundaries are set and clear. However this unfolds, I see a wonderful future ahead for you, yes, Madame Annabelle is clairvoyant and knows you will excel at whatever you do. *bangs tambourine and spits*.

I am grateful for another gorgeous day out, and hope that the rain predicted is mostly at night and not during the day when nature is busy.

And...I am soooo grateful for a huge hollow dark chocolate Easter Eggs, and for the Easter Bunny who left it at my door. My condo friend here got the exact same thing, funny how that works.
Old 04-18-2019, 01:59 AM
  # 213 (permalink)  

LMN: I agree with Ann. I am cheering you on, and I do admire your tenacity.

Today, I am most grateful for improving health.

I also am relieved that I haven't "given up" and am doing what is necessary to keep boundaries in place.
Old 04-18-2019, 04:43 AM
  # 214 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

As I tackle some spring cleaning today, I am grateful for closets to clean and clothes to put away until fall. I am grateful for a nice little place that is easy to maintain and yet set among some of the loveliest nature I have ever lived with.

My life is simpler today, and I am very very grateful for that.

Old 04-18-2019, 06:34 AM
  # 215 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Today, I am grateful to watch my tomatoes grow.

Today, I am grateful for Ann and Anaya. I really appreciate your support.

Today, I am grateful for a chance to really prove myself. I am grateful that my supervisor is making an effort to be nicer and more helpful.
Old 04-18-2019, 05:24 PM
  # 216 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Recovery means we find the courage to stand, even when we stand alone. You've got that part aced, LMN. And we're all standing with you.

I am grateful that the rain held off until this evening, so that I could walk the river trail and check out the migrating ducks and the ones nesting here for the summer too. Soon there will be babies.
Old 04-18-2019, 06:37 PM
  # 217 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Ann, that sounds so beautiful. Your nice weather is here and this is my least favorite time of year. Gets too hot. Tomorrow is going to be 95. Too hot to soon, for me!

Anaya, I so happy your health is improving. (((Hugs)))

Today I am grateful that my sweet neighbor invited me over dinner. She is a wonderful cook and beats what I was going to make. Haha
Old 04-18-2019, 06:44 PM
  # 218 (permalink)  

Today I bought some white lilies and carnations to enjoy over the weekend and beyond, and made two arrangements from them.
They are lovely, and the gentle perfume of the oriental lilies is already filling the room.

I almost didn't get both sets of of flowers because of the cost--nearly twenty dollars--which is far more than I ever spend on "non-essentials", and I remembered how I wouldn't even blink at spending that much for a bottle of vodka to start a weekend.

I am so grateful that vodka is no longer an "essential" to be budgeted for in my life.

I think flowers are far nicer

So glad you are on the mend PJ
Old 04-18-2019, 10:52 PM
  # 219 (permalink)  

nice neighbor who gave me cabbage rolls
my car + music + driving in nature to restore sanity
Old 04-19-2019, 06:11 AM
  # 220 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Hawkeye, it's nice to splurge now and then, on something special for ourselves. Enjoy your lovely flowers.

PJ, I love cabbage rolls and haven't made them for a long time. You inspire me to shop tomorrow for the stuff I need.

I am grateful for rain today and that all the shops are closed. It's nice to just have a day of peace and maybe a nice walk if the weather breaks later. And to say a "thank you" prayer for Good Friday and Easter.