so mad now

Old 11-20-2018, 08:49 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tracer View Post
I am also mad at the fact that everyone seems to think that smoking pot all day not under a doctors orders is medicinal and a health benefit. its absurd.
Who is "everyone", Tracer? I expect most people don't think that at all. I can't imagine that anyone can lead a productive life if they smoke pot all day.

I'm sorry she hurt you. You chose sobriety over a woman who is stoned all the time and misled you. IMO that's the right choice.
Old 11-21-2018, 04:34 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Administrator

i come from abstinence based recovery so its hard for me to wrap my head around marijuana maintenance, but now that its legal in my state I may have to give it a try.
Sounds to me like you'd be smoking at your ex - the only thing I don;t know is whether you'd be smoking to spite her or whether you think at some level taking up pot might lead to her taking you back?

For the record, I don't think she was wonderful.

You're in recovery, she's not. There only a few ways that can end and unless both parties end up in recovery and stay there, the outcomes are all bad.

Shes not the last woman you'll ever meet or be attracted to you, man.

Move on - stay clean and sober.

Live the hell out of your life

D
Old 11-21-2018, 05:24 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee. The anger passed and I haven't picked up. Thanks for the support everyone.
Old 11-22-2018, 01:09 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really glad Tracer

D
Old 11-22-2018, 03:33 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Wise words, Dee. It may hurt to let go and move on, but there is no doubt in my mind that it will hurt you more in the long run to stay or continue to pursue this relationship...it is toxic. It came close to leading you back to drug use yourself.

You and your sobriety matter more than anything on earth. Believe that, hang on to that like a lifeline. You deserve better and being alone is better than being in a toxic relationship.

Time will bring you more dreams. The lessons you learned this time around will help you see the red flags more clearly next time.

Good luck.
Old 11-22-2018, 06:02 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

This is a really great forum