Vacation

Old 10-06-2018, 05:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Vacation

My husband and I went on VACATION the last week of September!!!

Four years ago and two years ago we went on vacation in September and returned home to very bad news. Three years ago my mom was ill so we skipped vacationing and I drove her around to doc appts instead.
Last year our son was in jail and I was way too depressed to even think about vacation.

This year we went, and everything was OK! I was so reluctant to go. I was nervous that if *I* was not at home to *control* and *organize* my son's life, disaster would strike. (oh yes, I have issues, but I'm working on them.) My other son and his wife were also on vacation in Europe (my husband and I did not do anything near so exotic haha), so he was not around to keep an eye on "things" --

But as hard as it was to go, I went. I had a wonderful time sitting on the beach and reading, taking walks, eating great dinners and enjoying some wine (we keep a dry house), feeling grateful and (almost) peaceful.

Coming home to find that in our absence our son did nothing but work, eat and sleep was a wonderful thing!!
Old 10-08-2018, 02:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good for you! I am so glad you got a much deserved time away!