Well...he is back in jail

Old 08-29-2018, 04:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Well...he is back in jail

And this time it is really bad. He was in a fight and it involved him having a gun and a chase by the officer. I'm surprised and relieved he didn't get himself shot.

My heart is breaking for the man I have seen him be, that he continues to fall back into drugs.

However I am so darn grateful that I distanced myself from him when I needed to. Now hearing about him on Facebook news information pages just gives me a small pang of heartbreak. Not for me tho- for him. For his family. For his "potential" it is just so sad.

I pray that all of you out there find your peace with your loved ones situations. It is not an easy road, but it sure is amazing once you get there.
Old 08-30-2018, 11:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

As a long-term recovering addict/alcoholic, I have heard many times over the years that the end result of addiction is jails, institutions, and death. I have come to see the truth in this. Prayers for his family, and hugs for you!
Old 08-30-2018, 12:18 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

As Freedom said, "Jails, Institutions and Death" are the three roads that addiction follows. It's sad and I will pray for him too.

And for you, also. The sadness of all this may just make you stronger, knowing that the outcome is rarely good.

Hugs
Old 09-04-2018, 02:18 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I have listened to many a testimony of people who have not had it within them to be well until they spent some very real time in jail. While it is so sad for everyone involved, if he takes it, it can certainly be an opportunity.

Big hugs.
Old 09-09-2018, 02:50 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

mine is back in jail too

I am praying my husband can try sobriety this time. But I've seen him lie about that too.
Old 09-14-2018, 07:24 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Prayers for him and for you... No one ever knows how these things will turn out in the long run - but we can hope.
Peace,
Old 09-15-2018, 09:43 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

There is another result and that is recovery. My loved one has experienced jail which slowed her party life down immensely but sobriety is still lacking. I have tried for 15 years to get her in to therapy but she sees no need for it. I haven't given up on her but I am no longer attached at the hip. Waiting for the healing spirit to finally interact with her while I safely watch from a distance. May all be well.