Tomorrow - court

Old 10-20-2018, 03:49 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hi, if no one wants to read this update, really that's ok. I'm mostly writing this for two reasons - it's cathartic and it's good to have it written down somewhere so I have it saved where I can find if I need it.

So now the third guy involved in this mess went awol from his last court appearance, and for some reason the judge simply "violated" him instead of issuing an arrest warrant. Same difference to law enforcement, but since there was no bench warrant, I was not notified. I happened to be checking the county jail site for recent arrests, and found "my guy" there on Sunday. He was arrested for assault, as well as for contempt, which is the violation. Sigh. They kept him in jail a whole four days, and then released him because, you know.... based on his stellar standing as a contributing member of society??!!! He's not yet 21 years old and has been arrested as an adult four times already (and who knows what went on while a juvie). He's been arrested for manufacturing and distribution, as well as for possession/mfg/dist within 500 ft of a school. But by all means, let's let precious go home on the promise that he'll turn up for his next court date.

In the meantime, the main character in this sick little play, Mr. Wonderful, is still on the loose. I was stalking his facebook page about a month ago, and today I decided to check it again. I can't see much because we're not 'friends" so I can only see his public activity, and he's smart enough NOT to post things for public consumption. However, it seems that in the past month he's made 100 new friends (how nice for him). Quite the social butterfly! I scanned through some of his friends (he has 3500 friends, and even I am not OCD enough to go through all of them). Oops, I found a guy he must have attended high school with who happens to be a CORRECTIONS OFFICER! Monday I'm calling the Sheriff to let them know that one of their own can easily log onto facebook and see what his "friend" is up to, maybe where his "friend" is. Crossing my fingers that this is a good lead!
Old 10-20-2018, 07:54 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

When I was trying to gather evidence for my custody dispute, there was this really shady character who was spending the night at my ex's, and sharing the same room as my kids. My ex would actually give him their mattress, and make them sleep on the floor. I could tell, from things the kids told me, that my ex was trying to hide his presence from me. So I found out his name and called the warrant clerk. Turned out there was a warrant for his arrest! Bingo, thought I. I would send the police over there and they would find this guy was living there with the kids. Well, the police went over there, my ex refused to let them search, they let it go. When I followed up, they said, "Look, it's just a bench warrant anyway. He wouldn't have gotten arrested even if we'd found him. But isn't that the point of a bench warrant? That they get arrested? Well, whatever. He's now in jail for manufacture of meth, possession of meth, distribution of meth, and grand theft larceny. Unfortunate it couldn't have happened when I could have used that info.

Anyway, try not to let it eat you up too much. If it's therapeutic for you to do this research, then go ahead. I know I needed it at one point. I just needed to know that regardless of whether or not anyone would listen to me, that I knew the truth. And I had tried to find justice for my children. But at some point I had to just let go and realize this system is a mess and these jokers are going to continue to be let out to wreak more havoc time and time again, wrong as it is.
Old 10-29-2018, 07:46 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

yeah... I'm still playing the role of investigator. I contacted the sheriff's office with lots of leads, but have heard absolutely noting back, nor has he been arrested. "Here" they take bench warrants seriously in that if you have one, and the police manage to stumble upon you, you're going to jail. Every day I check the county jail site and see so many people who were arrested for no other reason than detainer(s) (meaning bench warrants) from both municipal and superior courts. I remain cautiously hopeful that someone in law enforcement will stumble upon Mr. Wonderful sooner than later. It's so hard to believe that he's managed to keep out of trouble since August. I really thought he'd have been arrested for possession, traffic (his license is revoked), or whatever else by now, and the warrant would have popped up.