$700

Old 06-16-2018, 08:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

$700

Can someone please tell me why my drug addict husband would take $700 cash with him to rehab? Its a lax rehab, kinda open campus, lots of freedom after day programs etc... Can one buy drugs in rehab? I honestly have no idea!
Old 06-16-2018, 09:14 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

who knows, eh? that amount of cash is not NECESSARY for a rehab stay. it's possible he has no plans to stay in rehab. it's possible he has plans to buy drugs/alcohol during day trips. it's possible he just feels better having cash on him (like having your car keys, just in case).

more will be revealed. taking that much cash out of the account is IMHO thoughtless and careless, as you too will need funds while he is gone. but it is what it is........
Old 06-16-2018, 07:53 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

One can buy drugs anywhere, that's the devil of it.

Whether he plans to use or not, that was thoughtless and sneaky for him to do.
Old 06-17-2018, 03:35 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

When my daughter was in rehab, which was anything but "lax", drugs were essentially not able to be obtained for any price. However, there was nothing to stop a patient from walking out AMA at any time. There was one shot per week - they all went to an off-site 12 step meeting - maybe you could arrange a " delivery" at an off-site meeting.

The management of the rehab had this one figured out - the residents were greeted upon return by a drug sniffing dog.

Later in her journey she was hired as a behavior tech at a large 120 bed halfway complex. Part of her job was to chase the drug dealers away from the end of the long driveway.

Why would dealers hang at the driveway of a halfway house? "If you are going deer hunting, you go where the deer are!"

Keep coming back,

Jim
Old 06-18-2018, 06:10 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

There are many occurrences of OD in Rehabs.
Old 06-18-2018, 07:05 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Its a lax rehab, kinda open campus, lots of freedom after day programs etc... Can one buy drugs in rehab?
Yes I think it’s possible he could buy drugs. I would think more so at the type of facility you mentioned then say a more tuff love/hardcore kind of one.
Old 06-18-2018, 06:57 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

My guess, to buy drugs. When our daughter went, she was to take 0 dollars, no cash, no debit or credit cards with her. Everything she needed was either supplied or would be requested by the staff for us to send. IMHO- taking $700 to rehab is a bad, bad idea (lax or not).
Old 06-19-2018, 06:01 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I'm very curious as to why he's going to a "lax" rehab? IMO, rehab should always begin as lockdown, and should move to the less strict type once the addict has some time and progress under their belt. Is he doing this because you gave him a "rehab or else" type ultimatum? Because if so I'd say this isn't good enough and doesn't qualify. This sounds a lot more like a halfway house, which is what my ex went to when I wouldn't get off his back about his oxycontin issues. I'm pretty sure that's exactly when ex moved from oxy to meth. Probably was all that was available. And there are sure to be drugs available in such a place. The $700 is a sure sign something in the milk ain't clean. Tread carefully.
Old 06-20-2018, 07:18 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Huge red flag