Finding support in the weirdest places

Old 06-27-2018, 03:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Finding support in the weirdest places

I am learning every day that this addiction epidemic affects so many more people than I could have imagined.

I am not naive to the fact that people are dropping dead from the heroin epidemic, and I grew up surrounded by alcoholics, but people I would have never imagined!

I discovered last week that a woman I work with has children that have battled addiction and she has been sharing her nightmares with me. He sons are now sober and moved out of the area to get a fresh start and new surroundings- but she has been sharing with me the journey that brought her to her peace.

IIt's great sometimes I will just walk into her office and tell her she's become my temporary resident therapist lol.

It is terribly sad though, and in the craziest way it makes me feel better. It makes me feel like there is no reason to be secretive or ashamed to have such deep love for someone that is battling addiction.

With that said! It's been 7 weeks now since I left my ex, and this is how I feel :

The truth is a part of me is strong (90% of the time) while a part of me still cries. A part of me moved on while a part of me died. A part of me is glad its finally over...a part of me still wishes you would call.

I've had dreams about him for the past few nights, so this week has been a slap in the face where I was doing really well before. I just need to remind myself to trust the process.

Hoping you are all well.
Old 07-01-2018, 03:42 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

Meghan, so glad your'e doing well. It can take a year or more to fully get over a breakup, which is not to say it obsesses you for a year. You can still get on with your life, and you seem to be doing really well. Wishing you all the best.