My Crack Addict Son Left Rehab

Old 06-16-2018, 09:08 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

Good,

The way I see it, you are dealing with an insane person that has committed criminal acts.

Call the police immediately, without warning or notice if/when he shows up.

Let them take care of this. That is what they are paid to do and they are very good at it.

No talking except to protect yourself (e.g. distract him) until the cops arrive.

That is not your son anymore. Drugs have taken over.

He can return to some form of sanity someday, but not until he is ready.

Hope this helps.

Stay safe.

Thanks.
Old 06-16-2018, 09:28 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

While not meaning to be disrespectful, your 'friend' has no idea what he/she is talking about.
Old 06-16-2018, 10:05 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

AnvillheadII, you are right. Thanks so much
Old 06-16-2018, 11:29 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GoodKarma View Post
He said that the only reason he stayed was because it was court ordered and that I should feel bad about trying to make my son stay in rehab when he is there voluntarily.
contradicting statements from this "friend?"

if you chose to engage further with thsi "friend" it seems it should only involve
" so your saying you will take him in? great!!"

this is all about you and protecting yourself, goodkarma.
son or not- you have the right to protect yourself from ANYONE.
Old 06-25-2018, 11:05 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

My Crack Addict Son Left Rehab...Update

Received a phone call yesterday from the county jail from my son. Letting me know that he is back in jail for theft in order to buy crack after him leaving rehab just two weeks ago. I will not be bailing him out of jail for many reasons. I cannot follow him around holding his hand while he out on bond. His trail is not until middle of August. Another reason is that I think he could commit suicide.

I' have lost all hope that he will ever get any better.
Old 06-25-2018, 11:27 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Good Karma...when he called, did he ASK you to post bail? or was he just informing you of his whereabouts?

remember HIS trial is in August.....that date doesn't have to be circled on YOUR calendar. it would be ok to not know everything.....to not have that front row seat. it's not that you don't CARE what happens, it's just that you are not REQUIRED to be involved.......the process is going to play out regardless. HIS process.
Old 06-25-2018, 12:00 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

No Anvil, he did not ask me to post his bond. He did not go before the judge until this morning. I got all the information online...the charges, court date, bond amount, etc. No, I will not be there in August when he goes to trail. I have done everything I can do. I worked so hard to get him into a good rehab facility and all for nothing.
Old 06-28-2018, 12:31 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Such a sad story.
Old 06-28-2018, 08:01 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Another mom here. Just wanted to say so sorry for what you are going through. It sounds as if you know the drill. Next time, maybe let HIM do the legwork for rehab when he's ready which I pray will be soon.
Old 06-28-2018, 08:47 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Sending you hugs and prayers!
Old 06-28-2018, 09:17 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Elissa, I don't think he will be getting out jail any time soon. This is his third conviction for the same thing. Last time he went to state jail for nine months. It will probably be longer this time
Old 06-28-2018, 11:30 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Jail is not the end, it can sometimes be a beginning. Its good you are detaching and letting him feel this consequence. Stay close to us, we are all walking with you! Hugs,
TT
Old 06-28-2018, 12:16 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

At least in jail I know he's alive.
Old 06-30-2018, 03:35 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

GK,

I am way late to this party, sorry to hear of your family's trials - both you and your son.

"At least in jail I know he is alive."

Very true. There are several members of my Nar-Anon home group that have said that they previously thought that having the child in jail would be the worst thing they could think of short of death. Then their child ended up in jail mostly for theft or possession - while they were in jail they relaxed - their child was being fed on a regular schedule, had a roof over their head, had medical care if needed. and there was a reasonable chance that they were not using (sadly not 100 percent on this one!)

Although your immediate need has ceased, the alarm system that folks were groping to remember is "Simply Safe". Easy, do it yourself installation, affordable monitoring with no long term contract, cell phone connection to police / fire, comes pre-programmed to your specifications.

Stay strong and don't forget to breathe.....

Keep coming back,

Jim
Old 06-30-2018, 04:29 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

GoodKarma

I hope your son will take a little of this time and really think about where he is and why.

My stepson is currently enjoying the hospitality of the county where he lives, so to speak. It is a relief that he is alive, that he has "3 hots and a cot" at the moment. I get it....