I'm scared for my sober (?) addict

Old 06-20-2018, 09:58 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hi, I just saw your most recent post and I understand how you feel. My daughter is an addict. I know how they operate. I am reaching out to let you know that she was on a Suboxone program for a long time with an addiction doctor and fooling her doctor and me the whole time. She would go there with someone else's urine and submit that, all the while claiming to be "clean." They know every trick in the book to keep us in the dark and continue on in their addiction. I'm not saying your boyfriend is doing this, and I really hope not for your sake, but knowledge is power! Keep you eyes open and use your head not your heart. None of this is easy.
Old 06-20-2018, 10:15 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Honestly, if I found out he was using the only thing I know I would do is reach out to his family. Beyond that, I'm really not sure.
This is the part that you need to work on. Thinking of what kind of a boundary you are willing to set for yourself if he relapses. Not a rule for him to follow but a boundary for you. That could be that you will not live in the same place with someone actively using drugs. That you will not sit by and be witness to watching someone actively use drugs. Your plan should include where you might go live, money that you may need set aside to help you should you find yourself in that position. Living with and loving an addict whether they are active or recovering is a different like of life then most of our family and friends live. And as long as we can accept that, there won’t be many shocks or surprises or ahead.