Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Friends and Family > Friends and Family of Substance Abusers
Reload this Page >

My husband is a meth addict and I want a divorce but we have a daughter together

My husband is a meth addict and I want a divorce but we have a daughter together

Old 05-26-2018, 12:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My husband and I have been together for 10 years, married for 4. In the beginning we used all kinds of drugs together and that mostly defined our relationship. At 1 point we had gotten in trouble with the law and committed to doing drug court rehabilitation through the state. We were clean and sober for 1 year together and that really brought us very close. A couple years after drug court we got married, even though both of us had started using again. I was smoking weed primarily and occasionally harder drugs with him, he was using cocaine and anything else he got ahold of.

A couple weeks after our wedding I found out he was lying about the drugs he was giving me, it wasn't pure molly, it was crystal meth. I had questioned him 3 times prior to finding out but each time he would look me in the eye and tell me it was a party drug, molly, of course its not meth. He knew the 1 drug I was adamant about staying away from was Meth. Yet a couple weeks after we were married I confronted him for the 4th time and he admitted it was meth.
From there we spent 8 months battling back and forth about quitting using meth. I kept trying and he would bring it around and we would use to