Panadol

Old 04-11-2018, 01:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Panadol

Hi,

Why would somebody be taking Panadol Night? I found a box of them & pulled him up on it and now he is very angry with me. They are not addictive? Is this a slippery slope?
Old 04-12-2018, 06:45 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Panadol Night and similar over-the-counter products are legitimately used to relieve bedtime pain and aid in sleep. They aren't supposed to be addictive, but one ingredient, diphenhydramine hydrochloride (Benadryl) has the potential to be abused. If your A is taking them as directed, you shouldn't be concerned.
Old 04-12-2018, 07:25 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I don't think he was taking them for pain is the problem. He has a history of Codine abuse. I could be worried over nothing. He said it was because he had trouble sleeping.
Old 04-12-2018, 08:06 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

When my divorce first started, I was so deep in depression that all I wanted to do was sleep. I took benadryl often, and I started taking more than the recommended dosage. Then I started reading about how it can cause a false positive on a drug screen and that was enough to screw my head back on straight. Thank G_d. The last thing my kids needed was a mom zonked out on sleep meds.

IMO, addicts will abuse just about anything. I've been clean from hard drugs for over 12 years now (I continued to smoke marijuana for a long time, but am clean from that for over 2 now THANK YOU GOD). I STILL have those tendencies. I have to really watch myself.

All the best