SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Substance Abusers (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/)
-   -   OT: Married Life (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/425609-ot-married-life.html)

zoso77 03-28-2018 07:32 PM

OT: Married Life

As I write this, my wife and I are preparing to leave for Sarasota, FL tomorrow afternoon. Winter in the Merrimack Valley was pretty reasonable...until this month. But I knew that both my wife and I would need to get out of dodge for a few days. So I booked our trip
the first week of January. The time went pretty fast for me. Her, not so much. True to form, she wasn't initially excited about the trip because it was seemingly too far away. Now, however, she can't wait and I'll be having a hell of a time getting her to leave for home.

Married life...it's actually pretty chill for the most part. We have our routines. We enjoy each others company very much. She's a lot moodier than I am, but 99% of the time I don't take that personally.

One unintentionally funny moment was earlier this month. I updated my guitar amplifier to an EVH 5150 IIIS EL34 half stack (translation: Eddie Van Halen's new amplifier that's a modern take on his old Marshall from the first six Van Halen records). It's a 100 watt head and a speaker cabinet with 4 12" speakers in it. And it takes up a lot of space. I took a picture of it and sent it to my wife, who proceeded to note it's size and asked if I wanted to get rid of the sectional and the television to make more room for my gear...

...and that's when I really knew I was married. I got rid of my old amplifier last weekend to free up space. :D

She's a great girl. We have a really good life together. It's not perfect, but nothing is. And it's sure as hell orders of magnitude better -- and saner -- than the life that brought me here six years ago.

I'm dying for some sun, the waters of the Gulf, palm trees, the white sands of Siesta Key, tropical beverages, blackened grouper, and some fun time with my wife. And I hope you're all doing well.

:nanarock

suki44883 03-28-2018 08:00 PM

Thanks for the update, Zoso! Happy to hear that everything is going well.

Wish I was going to a beach in Florida.

Ann 03-29-2018 02:40 AM

In our late 20's and early 30's, my husband and I used to go to Siesta Key for the month of February. Crescent Beach was where we walked, often making our life plans and letting our cares float out with the surf. Our hearts would dance with dolphins swimming by and I remember the sunsets unlike any I have ever seen, as the red ball of fire disappeared behind the Gulf.

We have been married almost 50 years. I think our times in Siesta Key and walking the beach there is the reason. :tongue:

May you and your wife also share dreams and love and joy walking that beach and, indeed, let your cares flow out with the tide.

Hugs and love to both of you.

P.S. Shopping at St. Armand's Circle didn't hurt our marriage any either...just sayin' :D

Hawkeye13 03-29-2018 05:43 AM

One thing my husband and I agree on, is that there is always room for
more amps and guitars ;)

So glad things are going well for you zoso
Beach sounds like a blast--have a great time!

hopeful4 03-29-2018 07:38 AM

Zoso...I am so truly happy for you!

I hope you both have a wonderful time on your trip, and that when you get back home you enjoy your huge amp!!!

Gm0824 03-29-2018 07:48 AM

Zoso, your trip sounds amazing! Have fun and enjoy your time together. I tried to comprehend the amp but I unfortunately am not musically inclined in the least ... ironically, I love to dance and sing .... out of rhythm and tune :bananadan I can however, play a mean Silent Night rendition on a keyboard!

zoso77 04-03-2018 10:57 AM

P.S. Shopping at St. Armand's Circle didn't hurt our marriage any either...just sayin'
We spent quite a bit of time at the Circle. We hit the Daiquiri Deck a couple of times, hit Kilwin's a couple of times for ice cream and chocolates, the Tommy Bahama bar and store, etc. My wife likes this Tommy Bahama long sleeved tee shirt I have because it's so soft, so I bought her one of her own.

Of course, real estate there is crazy... :)

zoso77 04-03-2018 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by Hawkeye13 (Post 6841199)
One thing my husband and I agree on, is that there is always room for
more amps and guitars ;)

So glad things are going well for you zoso
Beach sounds like a blast--have a great time!

Well, the problem is I have 15 guitars (going on 16). And while most of "The Girls" were purchased before my wife and I got together, we only have so much space. Makes me wish from time to time I had Joe Perry's income and net worth so I could afford a huge house. :)