An update for you (cocaine addict ex) ABUSE.

Old 03-01-2018, 10:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

An update for you (cocaine addict ex) ABUSE.

I have been on here since my posts last year, but I haven't been leaving comments on anything.

I am not an addict myself. 10 months ago my ex was heavily addicted to cocaine and left me after 5+ years I started asking questions. He gave me no reason.

In these last 10 months I have grown tremendously in my healing process, although I still struggle. He cheated on me with a woman within his company that lived on the other side of the country. He has recently moved there. At first I thought it was for her, and maybe some of it is, but I really think with how heavy he was using - there's no way his mind is working right still. I believe he is running away from his issues here. Maybe people found out? Maybe he owes someone money? I guess I'll never know.

I was hurt when I heard he was leaving and was not willing to even say goodbye to me in any way knowing the things he had done to me while he was in the height of his addiction. (Yelling, cheating, manipulation and more...)

But this just confirms how much he is not willing to face the fact that he has a problem. I have not heard from him in any way shape or form. I am taking him leaving as a blessing for me to not worry about running into him and truly moving on.

I do not believe an addict should be living in San Francisco and in a relationship with a party girl, but this just comforts me knowing he will get what's coming to him.

One day I will be at a place where I don't want that, and that I want him to heal. But I will admit I am a bit hurt.

I have just been focusing on myself and finally feel like I am enjoying my life again.

I am starting to really see that I WAS ABUSED. He never laid a hand on me, but my god was he manipulative. I am finally feeling like SHE CAN HAVE HIM. At some point he will not be able to fake it towards her like he could across the country. He will come down and take it out on her. He is not capable of feeling love. He will always be a slave to a substance that alters his reality until he is ready to realize he has a problem.

I am finally seeing this.

Still heartbroken, but doing so much better.

Thanks for your support.
Old 03-01-2018, 11:47 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Great post, I'm at the same point where are u right now. It's been over a year now and I would not want my ex back. However I thought we would stay together and I lived him. I'm upset that I gave him few years of my life because he did not deserve my love. Anyway I would not be who I am now if I didn't meet him. For the first time in my life I see things around me the way they are. No ********.

Feel for toy x take care
Old 03-01-2018, 01:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

AW

I think your fortunate your addict moved to the west coast. I wish mine would.

Glad to hear your doing better. I hope your heart heals soon.

Thanks