Used by herion addict ex

Old 02-15-2018, 03:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Used by herion addict ex

Hi. I met my ex when he was herion free for 2 years. I fell in love before I knew any of this. We were smitten. He moved in quite quick and adored each other but he started staying away etc. He addmitted he was back on herion. I supported him etc and forgave him after stealing from me. He last came here in November declaring his love and making plans for the future and j havnt seen him since. He texted saying he was head shot and struggling. I told him to come here for shower etc but he didn't come. I rang and texted his mates cos I was worried about him. Now he's telling people he's met a proper woman and he's loved upand that im a stalker and z loon. Omg im heartbroken. He never officially broke up with me and I love him. I was so good to him . Why would he say he loved me and move onto someone else so quick
Old 02-15-2018, 05:12 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi, Davnait.
Welcome.
Well, your title says it all.
He needed something and you were there.
Very sorry.
Probably not very productive to spend time figuring out why addicts behave the way they do.
I would chalk this one up to experience, block him, and move on.
Kinda classic addict strategy to love bomb someone, move in with them quickly, then ghost after stealing.
Oh, also?
Protect your credit card and bank accounts, because he may be back when he needs money.
Good luck.
Old 02-15-2018, 06:22 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Maudcat View Post
Hi, Davnait.
Welcome.
Well, your title says it all.
He needed something and you were there.
Very sorry.
Probably not very productive to spend time figuring out why addicts behave the way they do.
I would chalk this one up to experience, block him, and move on.
Kinda classic addict strategy to love bomb someone, move in with them quickly, then ghost after stealing.
Oh, also?
Protect your credit card and bank accounts, because he may be back when he needs money.
Good luck.
Did he use me? He was clean when we met and he was very happy. How can he be loved up with a new woman already? Did he care at all? When he gets clean will he realise the hurt he's caused
Old 02-15-2018, 06:24 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Davnait I am sorry you have been treated so poorly.

I have learned that it is better to judge whether someone should be in your life based on what they DO, rather than what they SAY. Words, as they say, are cheap. Actions speak volumes.

He's shown you who he is. Time to believe him.
Old 02-15-2018, 09:43 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Davnait35,

He may not have used you initially, but once he started using again, all bets are off. Truth is that addicts appear to have love for many people... ones that will help them continue their addictions without opposition.

What you are going thru hurts like hell, but as said, his actions indicate that he is no longer in love with you. You must work at letting him go... and when he does come back, you need to let him stay gone. Addiction is a vicious cycle, and it hurts many people... mostly those closest to the addict.

Best wishes in your recovery...
Old 02-15-2018, 10:02 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I met my ex when he was herion free for 2 years. I fell in love before I knew any of this. We were smitten. He moved in quite quick

chances are good he did NOT have two years clean - unless you were there you have only HIS WORD for that. then it was shortly after he moved in with you that the using became apparent.

How can he be loved up with a new woman already?

that's probably what the gal he was with before you is saying......
Old 02-15-2018, 10:31 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Don't look for sane answers from an insane situation.

He is an active addict looking for places to land, and when this next place stops working, he will find another. It's how it works with addiction and it leaves all sorts of heartache and debris in its trail.

Believe it or not, you are blessed that he has moved one. You will heal from the pain you feel now. To remain with him would keep the pain flowing, sometimes forever.

Learn from this and move on, all the wiser for the journey. You are worth so much more than all this, really you are.