Another coke question..

Old 12-05-2017, 04:20 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Another coke question..

Sorry for all the questions, I'm just trying to make sense of everything. So my question is, can a sudden increase in cocaine use suddenly cause a partner to quickly, dramatically become distant?
Old 12-05-2017, 05:11 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi, Sarah.
Welcome.
There is a lot of good info about addiction here. They are called stickies and are at the top of each forum’s menu.
I would recommend you read about addiction, particularly cocaine, which I understand from this site, is a particularly nasty substance.
That said, I don’t have personal experience with coke, so can’t really speak to it.
I think any time someone is actively using, they are going to find it difficult to be “there” emotionally for their partners and friends.
Addiction, by its nature, strips people of their humanity, leaving behind someone who only thinks of one thing: getting more drugs.
If you are in a relationship with someone who is using, my best advice for you is to leave.
Addiction is horrible, and it drags down everyone around it.
Good luck.
Old 12-05-2017, 05:19 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Maudcat View Post
Hi, Sarah.
Welcome.
There is a lot of good info about addiction here. They are called stickies and are at the top of each forum’s menu.
I would recommend you read about addiction, particularly cocaine, which I understand from this site, is a particularly nasty substance.
That said, I don’t have personal experience with coke, so can’t really speak to it.
I think any time someone is actively using, they are going to find it difficult to be “there” emotionally for their partners and friends.
Addiction, by its nature, strips people of their humanity, leaving behind someone who only thinks of one thing: getting more drugs.
If you are in a relationship with someone who is using, my best advice for you is to leave.
Addiction is horrible, and it drags down everyone around it.
Good luck.
Thank you for taking the time to reply. I'll have a read of the stickies.
Old 12-06-2017, 01:56 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Distant ? Pfft...

I'd say distant is an understatement. When my X addicted boyfriend used Coke he would message with bisexual men online and put ads out on Craigslist looking for sex with bisexual strangers and transvestites!

Yeah, pretty dang distant!
Old 12-06-2017, 04:41 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Frustrated47 View Post
I'd say distant is an understatement. When my X addicted boyfriend used Coke he would message with bisexual men online and put ads out on Craigslist looking for sex with bisexual strangers and transvestites!

Yeah, pretty dang distant!
WHAAAT?! omg that's horrendous!! I hope you're no longer allowing him in your life.
Old 12-07-2017, 12:23 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
"O you must wear your rue with difference".

My stbxah said he would sell his "ass" if he were desperate for money, so I think drugs make people do some really crazy things. I used to think half the stuff he said was him joking, now that I know that his lying was only the tip of the iceberg, I'm not so sure he was joking.
Old 12-07-2017, 12:36 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
No Dogma Please

Or started smoking rock instead of snorting it.