Difficult But Not Impossible

Old 12-02-2017, 03:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Lightbulb Difficult But Not Impossible

Saturday, December 2, 2017
Difficult but not impossible

It’s difficult to get back up and get going again when you’ve been repeatedly knocked down. It’s difficult, but not impossible.

It’s difficult to move forward with enthusiasm and energy when much of what you encounter is negative and discouraging. That’s certainly difficult, yet not impossible.

It’s easy to know what you must do. It’s much more difficult to actually do it, yet it’s not impossible.

There are a lot of very worthwhile things that are also very difficult. Just because they are difficult is no reason to shy away from them.

The very fact that something is difficult probably means it is worth doing. Those who achieve great things are those who are willing to do the difficult stuff.

Sure it’s difficult, yet you can do it. When you do, you’ll be adding richness, options, value to your life and your world.

— Ralph Marston
Old 12-02-2017, 03:52 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

It’s difficult to move forward with enthusiasm and energy when much of what you encounter is negative and discouraging. That’s certainly difficult, yet not impossible.
This is the hard part, I think, trying to find a grain of enthusiasm or motivation when we are just overwhelmed with sadness and frustration and a feeling of hopelessness.

We are not hopeless, life can get better, but it gets better when We make the effort to make it so.

For me, finding and attending meetings in my area was a good start. I didn't want to go to meetings, why should I..my son was the one with the problem!!! I learned that the meetings of Al-anon, CoDA and Nar-anon were about ME taking care of me, not me exhausting myself trying to take care of my son.

Finding Soberrecovery was where I learned to laugh again, especially at myself. I found friends who understood, others who could guide me along, and most of all a place where I no longer felt crazy and where I found hope for better days ahead.

My son is one of the sad cases who has not found sobriety, he has been missing, lost in his addiction for more than 10 years.

It was hard to accept that and find my own life, difficult indeed. But I did. I learned to ask God to take care of my son each morning in prayer, and then live my day as it was meant to be lived, in faith and finding joy in every single day. Yes JOY, even though it was difficult to get started I now make a point every day to find something to bring me joy.

Life IS difficult, but it doesn't have to own us or our choices. We can overcome the obstacles, even when we don't feel like it.

We are stronger than we know and we can make a better life for ourselves, with or without our addicted loved one.

Sure it’s difficult, yet you can do it. When you do, you’ll be adding richness, options, value to your life and your world.
Ralph said it best.

Hugs
Old 12-03-2017, 07:26 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Ann
I really appreciate this post very much. I've been working to find myself again. It's a bit of a slow process. At first I was frustrated with what seemed impossible to reclaim or rebuild.
Small goals have helped greatly. Finding a sense of accomplishment in the smallest task completion helps build my confidence in setting larger goals.
I have been on SR daily, reading all I can. I wanted to step back and listen so too speak. To really absorb the insight given here.
This really touched base with me.
Take care and thank you
TD
Old 12-04-2017, 04:06 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Small goals have helped greatly. Finding a sense of accomplishment in the smallest task completion helps build my confidence in setting larger goals.
That's how it's done, Tired Dad, baby steps sometimes but action none the less.

When I was agoraphobic, I started by making myself go outside for half an hour a day and at some point interacting with someone...saying hello to a neighbour, or stopping in a shop for a few minutes.

It led to my love of nature and the outdoors, a hobby of photography and finally joining groups that shared this interest.

Small steps will lead us there as surely as big leaps will.

You are doing everything right, I think. Glad this helped some.

Hugs
Old 12-05-2017, 03:57 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good read to start off my day. Thanks, Ann