Just looking for some reassurance

Old 11-13-2017, 12:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hi all I’m back after sometime.....
Honestly i think the time away hasn’t been so helpful so I’m trying to jump back into these steps full force in hopes the future will seem brighter. My now ex- was an opiate addict and now looking at things one can understand it’s his life his choice. It was a very tumultuous relationship but the craziest thing is I’m still in love with him but sometimes love really isn’t enough. With the latest episode he promised up and down he’s been clean for the past year but then i come to find an adderall perception which he is snorting ( found all he cut up straws literally next to them) , a klonopin prescription and a Xanax prescription ( don’t understand why one would need both) and a few Tramadol pills. He used to be addicted to opiates, does finding all of this really confirm that the whole “clean” thing is a lie? I’m really just looking for some clarification. Maybe some kind words of someone who has been through something like this. I don’t know , any help would be beyond appreciated. Thanks
Old 11-13-2017, 12:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

you'll probably never know for sure....he's like to deny it, but he is also your ex. regardless, that's quite the cocktail of drugs. and does not indicate being CLEAN.

what do you need for YOU now?
Old 11-13-2017, 05:37 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yah, sounds like he has traded one addictive substance for another or two or three.
This isn’t the first time I have heard about switching from opiates to adderol.
Guess it’s pretty common.
So...probably time to move on, once and for all, from the ex.
I have been saying this a lot lately, but....
Protect your financial info.
If he had access to any of your accounts or credit cards, close them and start new ones.
Drug mixture is expensive.
Old 11-14-2017, 06:19 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Anyone who is ever snorting their medication, prescribed or not, is abusing drugs. It's like legal cocaine. There is a book called More, Now, Again about a successful person with this same addiction. It was very eye opening to me how obsessed they become with it.

He is abusing a whole host of drugs. He is your EX for a reason. Move forward, you deserve more.
Old 11-14-2017, 07:30 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I’m really just looking for some clarification. Maybe some kind words of someone who has been through something like this. I don’t know , any help would be beyond appreciated. Thanks
I think you made the correct decision in making him your ex.

With the latest episode he promised up and down he’s been clean for the past year
Clean people don’t snort Adderall with a straw. Clean people trying to kick an opiate habit do not go and get pain pills (Tramadol) and then add 2 different kinds of benzo’s to that mix.

I’m guessing you are questioning whether or not he is clean or not is because you love him and wish that this relationship could work out.

Active addicts do not make for good relationship partners. And the only reassurance I can give you is that if you do go back you know exactly what to expect, a repeat of the past tumultuous relationship. If you stay an ex you have a chance of real happiness in life one that is not consumed by addiction.
Old 11-14-2017, 02:26 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by atalose View Post

I’m guessing you are questioning whether or not he is clean or not is because you love him and wish that this relationship could work out.

Active addicts do not make for good relationship partners. And the only reassurance I can give you is that if you do go back you know exactly what to expect, a repeat of the past tumultuous relationship. If you stay an ex you have a chance of real happiness in life one that is not consumed by addiction.
Ahh thank you for this! I Think I just needed to read these words coming from someone else to validate what I truly know is right, which is exactly what you said. Thank you