He is back...

Old 09-29-2017, 08:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

He is back...

AH allowed me to check him into a hospital as an addict last weekend. He was high on DXM at the time. It has been a hard week. Talking with him and hearing his attacks in the beginning of the week was difficult.

But now, he is back. I haven't talked with him this clear headed in the last few months. This stuff stays in the system forever, and I am quite sure he was taking more before it was ever totally out. He took some Saturday night, and I would say that on Wednesday night, he was 50% in denial and angry with me for putting him in there (he did not remember that he checked himself in), and he was 50% his old self accepting that he had screwed up . Thursday he was about 70% there. And today, he is all there. He told me he was mad at himself for getting himself into this situation.
Old 09-30-2017, 03:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I am happy to hear that your husband's cognitive functioning seems to have returned! That is good news, and I hope it continues. The human body has an amazing ability to heal itself.

Hopefully, this will be the first step on his path to lifelong recovery. Time will tell.
Old 09-30-2017, 11:52 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sounds like progress, and it very well may be. Or it could be that he's telling you whatever it is he thinks will allow him to continue in his addiction. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.