Love my friend whose a recovering addict

Old 09-13-2017, 02:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Love my friend whose a recovering addict

Hi everyone, I'm new to this I don't normally do this but I felt it was necessary because I love my friend and want to help support her in the best way.

Me and my friend are very close I've known her for a couple months and I really like her as a person and I remember one day she would all of sudden just stop texting me and I wouldn't hear from her til the next day. I think she finally felt guilty about ignoring me and she just came out and told me about her addiction to coke.

When she came out and told me I didn't look at her any different I still loved her and cared for her and things started getting a lil serious and I started falling for her and a couple months later she ended up going to rehab for a 6 month program but got kicked out for fraternizing with a fellow housemate.

When she told me I felt kind of bad because I had feelings for her but I kept it inside because I didn't want my feelings for her to interfere with her recovery I wanted her to focus on her self first , but recently I told her I had feelings for her which was dumb of me to do because she is still in early recovery and I saw on her phone that she apparently talking to someone else too.

Like she would flirt with me and flirt with me and I guess I brought it up to her one night what I had saw and I told her I think she would part ways and that I'll still love and care for her and she talks about how she really loves me and cares for me , but I don't know what to believe I feel like she doesn't care.

Now I feel guilty about telling her we should part because I told her I was gonna be that supportive friend to her and she would always text me when she had good news about her recovery and how good she's doing and know I'm confused and don't know what to do anymore .. plzzz help
Old 09-13-2017, 03:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by strawn89 View Post
Run please you still have time. Sorry it sounds so harsh, but you need peace and to be safe. Maybe one day in the future when she is clean and ready you can talk to her. If its meant to be it willl.....
Thx for replying I know now that she isn't stable for a relationship and I do need to focus more on myself. It's just a lil difficult but I know I can do it.