Please pray for me and my children

Old 08-23-2017, 04:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Please pray for me and my children

I finally got the cajones to drug test AXH. I've been terrified to do this, as I've heard him tell friends all the ways he could pass these. I thought for sure he would pass, but felt it necessary to at least show that I exercised the right to test him.

He was a no-show. In our court order, no-show is equal to positive (dirty) test, and changes our custody order, from almost 50/50 to 2 hours supervised visitation per week (for which he must pay).

I couldn't believe it. I thought I finally had the proof to press forward. I've been documenting like crazy- all the messed up things the kids have told me about their visits.

Then I get a message from X. He says he didn't show up for drug testing because he injured his hand. He has x-rays to prove it. Nevermind that his visit took place after he was notified. This m'fer freaking broke his hand to get out of drug testing.

Please pray that the truth will come out. That this sad attempt will only further prove his instability.

Oh, also-I just realized it's his Birthday today. I had completely forgotten that. It was my mom who reminded me. Oh, my goodness. Will that work against me in court? That I withheld visitation on his birthday? But the drug testing was scheduled for yesterday.

Anyway, prayers please. Please, God, let this be the proof I've been waiting for.
Old 08-23-2017, 04:49 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You sure it's his xray?
Old 08-23-2017, 05:28 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I smell a rat - he couldn't inform you BEFORE the test?
Old 08-23-2017, 07:22 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

It still amazes me the level of insanity the disease will cause someone to do crazy things.
Some of the stories I have heard are mind boggling.
Prayers the truth will be revealed for the safety & sanity for you & your children.

Best wishes
Old 08-23-2017, 07:30 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

He was a no-show. In our court order, no-show is equal to positive (dirty) test, and changes our custody order, from almost 50/50 to 2 hours supervised visitation per week (for which he must pay).
It works in your favour. His excuse is fake or feeble at best. Once again trying to make "you" the bad person here.

Hold your head high, you are doing all the right things including calling for a test. Please don't let his words hurt you, as was his intention. They are just more proof that you ARE doing the right thing.
Old 08-23-2017, 08:54 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

You know, I guess I've been gaslighted so long that I didn't really pick up on this. I mean, I realized he's making excuses. But I didn't really notice that he's blaming it on me.

I suppose him always talking about the ways he could pass these tests were gaslighting, too. Even though he never said these things directly to me, he made sure I heard. Amazing how afraid I was to test him. Thought for sure he would pass and it would only serve to make me look even crazier in the eyes of the court.
Old 08-24-2017, 02:58 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

For you and your kids: Sending prayers and positive thoughts; as well, hoping their dad will be held accountable.
Old 08-24-2017, 05:32 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Originally Posted by Hechosedrugs View Post
You know, I guess I've been gaslighted so long that I didn't really pick up on this. I mean, I realized he's making excuses. But I didn't really notice that he's blaming it on me.

I suppose him always talking about the ways he could pass these tests were gaslighting, too. Even though he never said these things directly to me, he made sure I heard. Amazing how afraid I was to test him. Thought for sure he would pass and it would only serve to make me look even crazier in the eyes of the court.
Gaslighting is exactly what it is and it is a form of abuse, preying on the fears and lack of self-confidence of a person to convince them that THEY are the crazy person and making them feel even crazier.

Say "No More" and remain mindful that when this happens it is a reflection on him and not you.

YOU are not crazy, you are the clear thinking adult here who is capable of protecting yourself and your children.

You, my dear, have nothing to fear except fear itself.

Hugs
Old 08-24-2017, 07:22 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Curmudgeon, Electrical Engineer, Guitar God Wannabe

Location: Where the mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the Earth
Ugh. I'm sorry. This is awful. But do your best to focus on the things that you can control. Circumstances will catch up to your AXH soon enough.
Old 08-24-2017, 08:19 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

The old injured hand - the bridge from alcohol into opiates story.

Yes, more will be revealed, and his circumstances will catch up with him.
Old 08-24-2017, 08:26 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Sending lots of hugs and prayers for you and your children! Stay the course, you are doing the right thing!
Old 08-24-2017, 09:39 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Update: He sent me his records. A contusion. A freaking bruise! He got x-rays taken for a bruise?!!! Okay...
Old 08-24-2017, 10:56 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Update: He sent me his records. A contusion. A freaking bruise! He got x-rays taken for a bruise?!!! Okay...
I take xrays for a living. That happens a lot, actually. Still a lame excuse for not manning up and taking a drug test that is court ordered. Must not be real concerned about seeing his child.
Old 08-24-2017, 11:58 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BlownOne View Post
I take xrays for a living. That happens a lot, actually. Still a lame excuse for not manning up and taking a drug test that is court ordered. Must not be real concerned about seeing his child.
Yup. Especially since the records say the injury happened 2 days prior. Makes me wonder- did it really happen before? Or are they just going by what he told them happen? And if it did happen when he says it did, why the sudden urge to get treatment two days later?
Old 08-24-2017, 12:36 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

And if it did happen when he says it did, why the sudden urge to get treatment two days later?
To avoid having to take a drug test. Addicts are very crafty like that!
Old 08-24-2017, 10:20 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
"O you must wear your rue with difference".

Hechosedrugs,

These people will do the craziest thing to protect their addiction and get what they want. They are so manipulative. My STBAXH had no problem injuring himself if that made it look like he wasn't being abusive and was the victim instead. He was very good at looking like a victim. In the end, you know the truth about your AXH, he will make excuses and blame you, make up lies about you, make your life difficult. I hope and pray that you will one day be free of his craziness. Some, but not all, addicts have co-occurring mental health issues or personality disorders. Addiction can be (I'm not saying this is true for everyone) a cry for help or attention. So if he wants to injure his hand and make himself a victim and say you are cruel for not letting him visit his kids on his birthday (what a freaking baby), just smile, say I'm sorry you feel that way, and quietly collect evidence of his craziness in case you need to defend yourself. He knows he can make you upset. He wants that more than he actually wants to see his kids. At some point, the addict has a choice to seek recovery and change their behaviors and make amends. This guy breaks his hand to avoid a drug test. This is not an addict who is safe around your kids. He is manipulative.

Old 08-25-2017, 06:29 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by OpheliaKatz View Post
This guy breaks his hand to avoid a drug test. This is not an addict who is safe around your kids. He is manipulative.
This, exactly. Unfortunately, I'm sure the addict brain rewrites this as:
"I love my kids so much I willingly injured my hand for them."
Old 08-27-2017, 04:49 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Just had a knock on the door. Saw a man holding paperwork. Thought, "Oh, great. He's taking me to court first". (I'm still getting my paperwork and evidence ready to file custody modification. I opened the door.

"Ms. Hecho?"

"Yeah, yeah," I say.

"I've got some paperwork for you.

He hands it to me...

I'm being sued by another credit card company. Because of debt incurred by ex stealing my identity.

Addicts- the gifts that keep on giving.
Old 08-27-2017, 06:02 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

If you don't already have a lawyer, it's time to get one before the damage gets worse.

Please get help right away, and file charges for any crimes he committed against you.

It's a rough journey but you will find the strength you need to protect yourself.

You have my prayers as well.
Old 08-29-2017, 09:25 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

I can't afford a lawyer anymore. And honestly, the two I had screwed up my case so badly I don't think I want one this time. The seat next to me will be for reserved for Jesus.

I've already filed police reports, which went nowhere. It's not fraud if you're married.

I may stand a chance in court for this phone bill he has under my social, but his name (how the heck did that happen)? He has 6 devices on it. It's probably another source of income for him- he probably has his friends pay him directly for their phones, since they're all deadbeats with no credit to get them themselves. I was just at the phone company yesterday with my social and driver's license. They won't release any info because it's not under my name. Makes me want to sue the phone company. But I don't know if anyone can ever win in court against a corporation.

I'm so exhausted trying to keep up with all of these schemes.

Court's tomorrow (for the custody hearing). May the truth prevail.