What do I need to know about living with a user/addict?

Old 08-23-2017, 09:58 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Update

There is good news and there is bad news. Mostly good, though!

My husband did go into work late last night. His mom found his car there and the lights on in the back. He came home around 4.30, obviously drunk but not high. He had stayed after fixing the computer issue and had some drinks with the closing bartender and manager. Then he'd started walking home.

I can't begin to tell you how relieved I was!

That being said, his staying out late is a violation of the deal we made just a few days ago. A deal intended to help rebuild trust between us. It's so hard for me to even begin to trust him when he's constantly breaking promises!

I guess I'm still on high alert, but I'm starting to believe he might not be deeply addicted - which is also what his parents think. I will continue to make precautions just in case, though. And there is obviously much work to be done before our marriage can be considered healthy.

In the end, for as long as we're moving forward, and for as long I feel comfortable that she is safe, I don't want to separate my daughter from her father.
Old 08-23-2017, 07:05 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

please think hard about this statement:

He came home around 4.30, obviously drunk but not high. He had stayed after fixing the computer issue and had some drinks with the closing bartender and manager. Then he'd started walking home.

I can't begin to tell you how relieved I was!

yes, we should shout for joy when our husband staggers home at 4:30 in the morning. on foot. leaving his vehicle behind.

His mom found his car there

please think about what you are willing to settle for if it means he didn't get high.............this time. you sent his MOTHER out looking for him.......
Old 08-23-2017, 08:51 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Oh, Chocolate. This does not sound good.
Old 08-24-2017, 07:56 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

What do I need to know about living with a user/addict?
That they lie, and they lie about EVERYTHING especially when they CLAIM they are stopping.
Old 08-24-2017, 08:27 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Prepare for the worst, hope and pray for the best is what I will say. I agree that this does not sound like trust forming behavior.

Gentle hugs.