Thank you.

Old 08-08-2017, 10:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
"O you must wear your rue with difference".

Thank you.

I just want to say that I'm very grateful that I've found this forum. I post here when I'm too anxious to sleep, although I should sleep. I am trying to unravel a decade of lies and it's helpful to talk to people who might be able to see the forest from the trees.

In case you didn't read my first post, my AH and I have recently been separated and since I am in Australia, it takes 12 months of separation here before you can divorce. I don't know what will happen in 12 months because I'm still trying to find out the truth. I've had my money, my love and care, and my time stolen by the choices AH has made so I feel I am owed the truth, if nothing else.

Thank you so much for responding to my posts. You have no idea how helpful this forum has been.
Old 08-08-2017, 11:37 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

the truth? he's an addict. it's what they do.

i do not mean to be glib. he sounds like an addict with underlying untreated mental issues who may not have had your best interests at heart. addicts deep in active addiction are incapable (unwilling, unable) to consider any needs but their own, and taking whatever steps "necessary" to achieve those needs. which is to use more.
Old 08-08-2017, 11:56 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry. I think many of us have felt the same way- that we're "owed the truth". But expecting the truth, much less the whole truth, from an addict is an exercise in futility. They will never admit to more than what has been blatantly revealed and is impossible to deny. Even then, they'll only admit to just enough to get you off their backs.

You know what you know. And you can bet on the fact that it's most likely much worse than you can imagine.

I'm sorry you're having to live in limbo for the time being. That's an awful feeling. But soon you'll be free. And you've learned a lot. About others and about yourself. You're a better and stronger person now, even if it may not feel like it at the moment.

Blessings to you.