Standard of Living

Old 08-02-2017, 05:35 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Lightbulb Standard of Living

Standard of living

Your standard of living has very little to do with how much money you make or how many possessions you have. It depends primarily on the way you choose to live your life in each moment.

Your standard of living is not decided by where you came from. It is determined by where you choose to go.

You don’t need anyone’s permission or assistance to raise your standard of living. You simply must decide to make the very best of who you are and what you have.

Do you wish to live a magnificent life that’s overflowing with joy and fulfillment? You can most certainly do that, right here and now, by choosing your attitude, your perceptions, your thoughts and your actions.

Raise your standard of living in every moment by doing something to make your world a more beautiful place. Achieve the very highest standard of living by faithfully following the purpose that lives at your core.

There is always something you can do to improve the quality of your life. Continually seize those opportunities for improvement, and enjoy a rich, rewarding standard of living all the time.

— Ralph Marston
Old 08-02-2017, 05:44 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I have lived a long time and in hind sight I have been as happy (or unhappy) in the years when the budget was tight as I was in years of affluence...my happiness was never directly related to how much money I had or had not.

Sure, in the financially good years I had less worries about bills and never had to worry about feeding children or keeping the electric on, but this is not about finances, it's about my inner standards for living a life worth living.

My favourite place to be is walking in nature, it's where I find my peace and a sense of wonder at all that is beautiful in this world. So I make a mindful decision to involve nature in my life daily when possible, a simple one hour walk can do it. It raises my spirits and the standards I set for myself in life.

Volunteering, helping those who are less fortunate, also raise my spirits. It touches my heart when something I do for someone brings a smile and makes their day better. Random acts of kindness is more than just a phrase, it's something we can each do to raise the standards by which we live.

Taking quiet time to read or to meditate or to focus on a hobby or interest that I enjoy is another way I like to create joy for my heart. Taking care of myself means making time to do this each day. I give much of my time to others, I can surely give a little back to myself and raise the standard of my inner peace.

Anyone see a pattern here? These things cost nothing monetarily and yet they enrich each day, they enrich our spirits and are all an important part of living our lives in a healthy and healing way.

I do love Ralph Marsden and thought it was time to bring him here again. Hope each of you take time today to enrich your lives in some way, and raise the standard of peace in your hearts.

Hugs
Old 08-02-2017, 06:50 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

Very pinkful Ann!!!
Old 08-03-2017, 12:41 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Great post! Thanks for sharing
Old 08-03-2017, 03:10 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

mindful Ann
Old 08-03-2017, 05:29 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

PJ, being mindful of how I feel, what I am lacking or what fills the spirit is an important part of my recovery....and yours...and everyone's.
Old 08-03-2017, 01:01 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thank you Ann. What a lovely post and so simple yet profound.
Old 08-04-2017, 02:57 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Your share is a good one and helps me to get set with positive thoughts for the day.