What should I reply or should I reply at all? Please help

Old 05-30-2017, 04:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

What should I reply or should I reply at all? Please help

I broke up with my xab last week.
It was because I suspected he is using again. I didn't have a solid evident and this is the reason I broke up with him. Because I do not want to be a drug police or detective anymore. I trust my gut feeling this time. I do not want to go thru the whole craziness and heartbreaking when I found out the evident I thought I needed to confront with him.
So I went to his parent's house (because I kicked him out 9 months ago when he used again) when I dropped off the dog and told him I broke up with him because I thought he was using. He denied it, but he said my daughter (not his daughter) and I can still stay in our house.

Anyway, during these 9 months, he still paid his portion of our house expenses and mortgage. But since we broke up now, I was still thinking how to split up the house or how can I buy his portion out (I do not have enough right now). He just texted me and asked how much does he owe me for the mortgage payment this month. What should I say? or should I reply at all?

I do not want to leave or lose this house. I can afford the expense and mortgage by myself, just not enough to buy his portion right now.
Old 05-30-2017, 04:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Depending on where you live, taking his help with the mortgage payment may have legal obligations attached to it, as might refusing his support.

I think I'd talk to a lawyer and find out your rights and how you should proceed.

That said, I am sorry for your troubles and hope you find peace in your life soon.

Hugs
Old 05-30-2017, 05:17 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Probably a good idea to get a legal opinion as to your rights gabriel, as Ann said.
Good luck.
Old 05-30-2017, 06:10 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

He just texted me and asked how much does he owe me for the mortgage payment this month.

answer his question only - how much do you need for the mortgage payment. $xxx. end of discussion. keep it simple.