Not as strong as I thought

Old 05-08-2017, 07:39 PM
  # 121 (permalink)  

just breathe, kiddo. for this moment that is all you need to do.
Old 05-08-2017, 07:41 PM
  # 122 (permalink)  

Oh I am. And it is so nice.
Old 05-08-2017, 09:24 PM
  # 123 (permalink)  

Great he's gone. Congrats to you. Now you can finally relax and take care of you and the kids. The rest is up to him. I hope you'll get your husband back💖
Old 05-09-2017, 04:37 AM
  # 124 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ariesagain View Post
Sounds good so far...

Sending you a hug.
Originally Posted by Sodevastated View Post
Great he's gone. Congrats to you. Now you can finally relax and take care of you and the kids. The rest is up to him. I hope you'll get your husband back💖
Me too! Though I'm mostly concerned about getting myself back right now, lol. I needed this break so very much.
Old 05-09-2017, 06:18 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  

Yes, you do need this break. Treat it as such. Do not sit with anxiety about how he is doing, just take this time to breathe, and work on you!

Tight hugs!
Old 05-09-2017, 08:43 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by hopeful4 View Post
Yes, you do need this break. Treat it as such. Do not sit with anxiety about how he is doing, just take this time to breathe, and work on you!

Tight hugs!
You know, it's weird to me that I'm not anxious about how he's doing. I'm just glad he's somewhere with people more qualified than I am to deal with him. I'm enjoying the peace. I'm afraid he's messing with the wrong woman here, lol. I don't mind being on my own. The man I'll be missing has been gone for a while anyhow. The only thing that changed is that I no longer have a drug addict here. My husband disappeared a while back.
Old 05-09-2017, 12:06 PM
  # 127 (permalink)  

I am glad you are getting some peace and the anxiety level has lowered a bit for you. I hope you relax and enjoy some quiet time.

I know for me when I was fortunate enough to have this same kind of quiet time, no anxiety filled worry that I became rather complacent with it, let my guard down and was so not prepared for him returning home within a week. Yes he checked himself and wanted to rush back to his life and love……pills. At first he said he knew everything he had to do, would go to meetings, get a new sponsor because after all that’s what was part of most of his adult life. But so were drugs and relapses. He told me after he began obtaining pills again that he knew he didn’t have another recovery in him……..this time I finally believed him.

Always have your plan B, C, D, E, F, etc. in place and be prepared to follow through.
Old 05-09-2017, 01:01 PM
  # 128 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by atalose View Post
I am glad you are getting some peace and the anxiety level has lowered a bit for you. I hope you relax and enjoy some quiet time.

I know for me when I was fortunate enough to have this same kind of quiet time, no anxiety filled worry that I became rather complacent with it, let my guard down and was so not prepared for him returning home within a week. Yes he checked himself and wanted to rush back to his life and love……pills. At first he said he knew everything he had to do, would go to meetings, get a new sponsor because after all that’s what was part of most of his adult life. But so were drugs and relapses. He told me after he began obtaining pills again that he knew he didn’t have another recovery in him……..this time I finally believed him.

Always have your plan B, C, D, E, F, etc. in place and be prepared to follow through.
Yeah, that's good advice. I could easily relax into normal life and get complacent. I've neglected so many things that I need a few days just to catch up with life. I'll have to make sure that I don't relax too much into this. I seriously hope that he's gone the whole 30 days. It helps that he's several states away, he can't just get up and catch a cab home, lol. Now that you say that, I'll have to call and set up an appointment to get more details about what Plan B is going to require. I need to hold myself accountable and keep moving forward. Sure, it would be cool if he recovers and I don't have to, but the odds are what they are. I have to be realistic.