Adivce please!!

Old 03-01-2017, 03:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Adivce please!!

Hi all - I'm new here I'm so happy I found this site! Hoping some of you can help guide me with a few concerns I have on my new friend. I'm hoping I'm wrong but thinking he may be possibly using narcotics.

I met him on social media. We haven't met yet but are planning to meet up soon. He is Great! We've been talking everyday for the past month and he is really good at carrying a good conversation. The times that we typical talk are towards the late evening between 930pm-1230am. We normally talk for 2-3 hours top.

However, I have always noticed from the beginning in conversation that when the time gets closer to 12am his behavior in communication starts to change. Examples: He talks less... seems a little out of it... seems pre-occupied... kind of repeats himself with things he said secs/mins ago... it almost seems like he is sleepy at this point. I do take the time into consideration. I'm a night owl... so my sleepy time isn't until much later within the night lol. Although, its the sounds I'm hearing on his end that make me question if he using a drug. Also, not sure maybe its my cell phone being sensitive in picking up little sounds on his end. Yet, his behavior change in communication is what has me questioning it all.

So... basically it sounds like he's snorting something. ... 2-3 snorts... that's when his behavior changes as I explained in examples. I never question it because I don't want to come off dramatic. I also hear him using his lighter in the background during this time 2-3 times, seconds apart from one another. We have had previous conversations were he has stated that he doesn't smoke weed, he said he hasn't since his younger years.

Anyhow... I tried googling some answers. Although, I'm not familiar with drugs so not sure which ones to rule out. Hoping some of you can help me out here. If he sounds like he's using... then what drug(s) can it be??? Id appreciate any comments or advice. Thanks!!
Old 03-01-2017, 03:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Don't go there.

1)The only time I've ever heard a lighter used several times in a row was my ex the pot guy. Cigarettes stay lit.

2)With the snorting, though...could be something even scarier.

Others with more expertise will probably chime in, but honey, you haven't even met this person and he's got all the symptoms of a problem.

Block him and forget you ever talked to him.

Bad, bad juju.
Old 03-01-2017, 03:20 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

i think you might be approaching this from the wrong spot.....he's someone you have NEVER MET, but plan to soon, and here you are online trying to find out what DRUGS he might be taking.

we call that a big RED FLAG.

as for what he MIGHT be doing, it's anyone's guess. maybe he smokes cigarettes, and isn't very good at getting them lit. maybe he's smoking crack, altho that would make him super chatty. maybe he's snorting opiates, or heroin, but then again, maybe it's nasal spray cuz he has a cold.

short 'n sweet - that you are even concerned he MIGHT be using should be enough to not pursue this any further. IMHO
Old 03-01-2017, 06:10 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Your instincts are telling you something is not right, please listen!
Old 03-01-2017, 06:46 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Dear God, listen to your instincts, no one want this life nor did we choose it but you have a chance to say nice talking have a nice life, cause you deserve it!
Old 03-02-2017, 06:08 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

You are sensing red flags. Do not ignore them. I have more than once and this last time sent me over the edge.
First time was with an Rx opiate addict years ago. Same thing, we met online and spoke on the phone. As it got later in the night time talks, speech would slow and slur. Sometimes random words would interject into his conversation. Sometimes he would fall asleep. I did not know the severity of his problems until we met and went out for a few months. He was addicted to and abusing vicodin. He would go from VA to VA and get them refilled more than once a month. He had mental issues that I had excused as being stress from his divorce. Once I opened my eyes further I could see that he was severely mental. He was the closest to schizophrenic that I have ever met. To sum things up I ended up calling his family to tell them that he needed rehab immediately and that I was putting a restaining order out on him if he tried to come around again. They somehow did get him to rehab amd as far as I know he is clean, but still not right in the head. The sister told me that she felt that he had the same mental issues as the mother did (she abused Rx drugs and committed suicide when they were kids) To this day it creeps me out.
The second is the xabf that led me to this site. I was as clueless to alcohol as I was to opiates. He abused alcohol, street opiates, and me.
Do not ignore red flags no matter how lovestruck you may be. They are there to save you from what we have lived.