It can be difficult to leave...

Old 02-05-2017, 05:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

It can be difficult to leave...

"It can be difficult to leave a long-term relationship, even when our inner-wisdom tells us it's time to let go. At this point, we can choose let go and endure the intense pain of leaving behind the familiar to make way for a new chapter in our life. Or we can stay and suffer a low-grade pain that slowly eats away at our heart and soul, like an emotional cancer. Until we wake up, one day and realize, we are buried so deep in the dysfunction of the relationship that we scarcely remember who we were and what we wanted and needed to be."
Jaeda DeWalt
Old 02-05-2017, 05:45 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Old 02-05-2017, 06:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Short term pain for the long term gain.
Old 02-09-2017, 01:38 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hope778: Thanks for the meaningful share. It gives hope to those of us in difficult situations,
Old 02-09-2017, 03:11 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Until we wake up, one day and realize, we are buried so deep in the dysfunction of the relationship that we scarcely remember who we were and what we wanted and needed to be."
I remember hitting this frightening moment when I realized that I had no idea who I was anymore or what my own dreams were. I was living in fear every day, for my son, for myself, and the scariest thing of all was that "fear" was becoming my normal, I knew how to function in fear and what to expect.

I don't know why I had my "enough" moment the day that I did. It was an awful dysfunctional day but not unlike the many days that had become my life.

I think, for me, it was a "God moment", when I finally surrendered and gave it all to Him. I found meetings, I shared on SR, and I slowly came to know that stranger called "me".

That's a powerful reading, Hope778, thank you for the inspiration.
Old 02-09-2017, 03:41 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I think the quote shows the contrast between leaving and staying very well. Many are afraid to leave because of the pain they are sure to experience from it. But, that pain is shorter "intense" pain as opposed to "enduring a low-grade pain" potentially for the rest of our lives. We were created for more than that! Like you were saying, Ann, we learn how to function in dysfunction and very soon forget what normal and healthy looks like. This becomes our normal, and we just accept the low grade pain and constant dysfunction.

Gives us much to think about...

I am glad you had your God moment. There is such freedom in turning over control to God and letting go.