I miss my friend

Old 01-06-2017, 09:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I miss my friend

So, I have a close friend of 25 years who is addicted to crack for at least 15 years. We are only 34.

I think the past 5 years [or more] have been bad for her. She has lost custody of her youngest [6 years old and my Godson who lives with his Father] and her oldest [14 years old] is in foster care.

I keep in touch with her parents and her xH [Father of my Godson]. But I have no contact with her, we now live thousands of miles apart. Her phone number changes frequently, she's not on social media, she doesn't reply to my e-mails and we live too far away for me to easily visit. I miss her and am worried about her. When talking with her xH recently, I asked him if she was even still alive [he said she was].

There is no point to this post other than to write down my sadness for the loss of my friendship and my worry for her. I don't think there is anything I can do for her but pray.
Old 01-12-2017, 02:35 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Dear Rainbow
So sorry for your loss. I know we wouldn't wish death on someone, but it is easier to lose them that way if our relationship was good, than this way in agonizing increments.

Keep coming back. There are many of us who understand who can support you.
Old 01-12-2017, 03:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

That is very sad, RainbowBird. I wish there was something I could say that would help. I hope your friend finds her way. Peace.
Old 01-12-2017, 09:56 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Prayers for you and your friend.