Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Friends and Family > Friends and Family of Substance Abusers
Reload this Page >

Hurt. Don't know if I should move on or love the person he's trying to become.

Old 12-26-2016, 08:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I don't know what to do. I'm so
Hurt for me and my daughter. My father was an addict as was his. My whole
Pregnancy we talked about how we never wanted that apart of her life because we both hated that it was apart of ours.
My daughter is now 4. Me and him have always fought over his weed smoking. He couldn't seem to quit no matter what. I would kick him out he would come back. The past 2 years he had been taking pain pills I never noticed until last summer. Then he stopped working and stayed home with our daughter. I knew how much money he had access to and I also had the car so I thought it was over.
Turns out he just got better at hiding things especially when he started his new job this summer that gave him a company truck.

On thanksgiving I was admired to ICU he was dozing off and just acting so weird. I got out of he hospital a week later and there was weed all over my car so I kicked him out that same day
A month went by and he just completely spiraled out of control. He had a car (his moms) A job (full time). Freedom.

He spent his whole
Check the week before Christmas and gave me no money for our daughter. That's when I knew it was way worse then I ever wanted to imagine. I called his mom yelling and swearing. I was so upset she enabled him. I know they were his choices. But atleast with me it was under control as weird as that might sound. He loves his daughter they are best friends. All 3 of us do everything together. So when he called to say he blew his check and has nothing for me. I was devestated.

He signed into a detox. He called every day. Christmas morning he was there. I couldn't answer. I was so hurt. I'm so hurt for my daughter. I'm so upset that he let it get so far. I was here. I tried to help him I feel like I tried everything. I don't know if I should be here for him or let it go. I feel like all the effort and time I put in the last 2 years was such a waste. I ended up right here anyways.
A part of me thinks this is what he needed was to hit rock bottom

Another part doesn't know if I can ever trust him

I feel like I don't even know him. I feels so betrayed. I feels so hurt. I was here the whole time.
Old 12-27-2016, 03:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I ended up right here anyways.

yup, that's how it goes when WE invest more into THEIR recovery than THEY do.

But atleast with me it was under control as weird as that might sound.

not as much as you want to give yourself credit for......it all blew up eventually, there was NEVER any control............just a longer fuse on the bomb.
Old 12-28-2016, 08:29 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AnvilheadII View Post
I ended up right here anyways.

yup, that's how it goes when WE invest more into THEIR recovery than THEY do.

not as much as you want to give yourself credit for......it all blew up eventually, there was NEVER any control............just a longer fuse on the bomb.

Ya I guess. Just in shock more then anything. The person you never expect. Could hide and lie so much. Just so scAry
Old 12-28-2016, 12:06 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

there probably were more signs along the way, you just didn't know you needed to be looking for them.
Old 12-28-2016, 12:23 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

What is he trying to become? You don't know. I understand that he checked into detox. That is a promising first step. The hard work comes after he leaves. I would wait and see how it goes. If you are thinking about it, I would not be in a rush to take him back because he has completed detox. You need to see if he wants to stay clean and sober for the long term.
Old 12-28-2016, 12:36 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Yeah he went from weed to pills on your watch and now on his mom's watch you blame her.....................as it was mentioned, there was never any control by you or her over this guys choices.

A part of me thinks this is what he needed was to hit rock bottom
funny thing about bottoms, just when we think they have hit it, very often they pick up a shovel and keep digging.