OT: What a Month So Far

Old 12-21-2016, 01:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Curmudgeon, Electrical Engineer, Guitar God Wannabe

Location: Where the mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the Earth
OT: What a Month So Far

Two weeks ago this happened:

http://s1065.photobucket.com/user/zo...tml?sort=3&o=0

This afternoon, thanks to the prescience and kindness of my late mother, my undergraduate student loans have been in full. This means I'm debt free, which is a great way to transition into married life.

Talk about a Merry Christmas. I never thought I'd experience one like this. And yet, I am. Wow.

Hope everyone is doing well.
Old 12-21-2016, 03:41 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

you bought her a guitar!!!! LOL

seriously my dear friend, i am so dang happy for you. what a lovely "gift" from your mom. may your life continue to be blessed and filled with joy!!!
Old 12-21-2016, 04:51 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Zoso, I am so happy for you both and delighted your mother took care of things for you. Life is a gift and as you go forward into marriage, know that we're all throwing rice and cheering you on.

Hugs
Old 12-22-2016, 08:50 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

What a beautiful gift from your Mother to start this new passage of your life with your lovely bride and freedom to begin with no baggage from the past! I am celebrating my 27th wedding anniversary on 12-27, and I can say that being married is like having two hearts and two heads to deal with lifes ups and downs. Congratulations!
TT
Old 12-22-2016, 09:01 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congrats Zoso!!!
Old 12-22-2016, 10:32 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Curmudgeon, Electrical Engineer, Guitar God Wannabe

Location: Where the mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the Earth
Originally Posted by Ilovemysonjj View Post
What a beautiful gift from your Mother to start this new passage of your life with your lovely bride and freedom to begin with no baggage from the past! I am celebrating my 27th wedding anniversary on 12-27, and I can say that being married is like having two hearts and two heads to deal with lifes ups and downs. Congratulations!
TT
I knew I was going to pick up the ring two Fridays ago, so the night before, I told my soon-to-be-fiancée, Hey, bring a change of clothes with you so we can go out to dinner when you get home from work. Unbeknownst to her, I made reservations at The Capital Grille in Boston.

She comes over that night, grumpy after a long week, and walks into my bedroom to change. I ask, Did you bring a change of clothes?

Yeah, I know you don't want to be seen with me in public when I'm in my scrubs.

Well, you can't wear scrubs because we're going to The Capital Grille in Boston.

She's now confused. Why are we going into Boston?

To celebrate, honey.

Celebrate what?

I whip out the ring from my back. This.

Stunned silence. I managed to catch her completely off guard, and as I held her, she was shaking like a leaf.

The Capital Grille, on the occasion of our engagement, gave us a free round of champagne and free dessert which was served on this long plate with "Congratulations" written in chocolate in the middle, with cheesecake on one end and flourless chocolate espresso cake on the other. It was a great night.

Our plan is to elope to the Caribbean over the Labor Day weekend next year. It's more cost-effective than having a wedding up here, and then we'll have a bender when we get back.

So, fun times going into Christmas to be sure.

And as for Mom...wow, just wow...
Old 12-22-2016, 11:47 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Love this Zoso!
Old 12-22-2016, 11:59 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Congrats!! Really happy for you both.
Old 12-22-2016, 01:25 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Awesome share! What a super idea to just get away and be with each other and THEN come home for a big party!
Old 12-22-2016, 05:18 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Congratulations zozo!!!!

This post brought a huge smile to my face, thank you for sharing such a beautiful moment with us. It sounds like you two really appreciate each other and I wish you guys a lifetime of joy and happiness.

And what a beautiful gift from your mother, the gift of starting this new chapter of your life with more financial freedom (and a little less stress). It's not the money that makes the gift special, it's the fact that she wanted to contribute to something that was very important to you, your college education. She sounds like a kind and thoughtful woman. Reminds me of guitar playing fellow that just got engaged. 😉
Old 12-23-2016, 05:35 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by zoso77 View Post
I knew I was going to pick up the ring two Fridays ago, so the night before, I told my soon-to-be-fiancée, Hey, bring a change of clothes with you so we can go out to dinner when you get home from work. Unbeknownst to her, I made reservations at The Capital Grille in Boston.

She comes over that night, grumpy after a long week, and walks into my bedroom to change. I ask, Did you bring a change of clothes?

Yeah, I know you don't want to be seen with me in public when I'm in my scrubs.

Well, you can't wear scrubs because we're going to The Capital Grille in Boston.

She's now confused. Why are we going into Boston?

To celebrate, honey.

Celebrate what?

I whip out the ring from my back. This.

Stunned silence. I managed to catch her completely off guard, and as I held her, she was shaking like a leaf.

The Capital Grille, on the occasion of our engagement, gave us a free round of champagne and free dessert which was served on this long plate with "Congratulations" written in chocolate in the middle, with cheesecake on one end and flourless chocolate espresso cake on the other. It was a great night.

Our plan is to elope to the Caribbean over the Labor Day weekend next year. It's more cost-effective than having a wedding up here, and then we'll have a bender when we get back.

So, fun times going into Christmas to be sure.

And as for Mom...wow, just wow...

Outstanding story Zoso Congrats to you!! God Bless and enjoy every moment.,.............Thanks, needed a happy ending today
c011:
Old 12-24-2016, 05:32 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Zoso-this is so completely awesome and so happy for you. What a great month! A new wife and a loving mother who knew you would be able to appreciate her gift.
Old 12-26-2016, 08:06 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

So glad you shared this with us and I am very happy for you both

Congratulations!