SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Substance Abusers (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/)
-   -   Blood/Urine tests how easy are these to fudge... (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/401109-blood-urine-tests-how-easy-these-fudge.html)

Sunshine1234 11-29-2016 01:59 PM

Blood/Urine tests how easy are these to fudge...

Ok so my STBXAH wants to do only blood/urine drug testing and not a hair follicle. To me that screams red flag and shows he plans to fudge them since from what I hear that's pretty easy to do. I was just wondering if anyone had experience with this and if they feel or know that their spouse was able to fake the tests. I really want to push for a hair follicle and my gut tells me that's what I should be doing. Thoughts?

AnvilheadII 11-29-2016 02:03 PM

not sure about blood tests, that would be pretty hard to "fudge" - but yes, urine tests can be altered. that he balks at a simple hair follicle test says a lot.

he's the addict, he doesn't get to choose the type of test needed to demonstrate not using.

give no quarter!

tbeit 11-30-2016 02:55 AM

Urine is very easy to fudge. Never heard of fudging blood. I dont think thats possible

Ariesagain 11-30-2016 03:27 AM

So he'd rather pee in a cup or have a needle in his arm than just pull out a hair?

Rather odd?

Trust your gut.

Sephra 11-30-2016 05:20 AM

Urine definitely easy. Not sure about blood.
Also, there is so much synthetic stuff out there that doesn't really show up on tests.
What was his reason about hair follicle? Agreed it sounds weird if he's clean. What I suspect, is that he used more recent than he's told you and is worried hair can say when, and that the blood and urine will be clean cause it's been enough days.

Sunshine1234 11-30-2016 05:42 AM

As far as blood I heard there are things you can take that flushes things out faster. I'm not sure how true that is. Regardless drugs stay in your blood for a very minimal time...some things just hours. I feel that still gives him the opportunity to do drugs on weekends (when most testing centers are closed) and then be able to test clean during the week. I would HOPE a judge will see through this and the fact that he keeps cutting his hair to avoid the test and order a hair follicle...and if he doesn't have hair because he cut it then it should be considered a positive result.

Sunshine1234 11-30-2016 05:48 AM

Originally Posted by Sephra (Post 6226205)
Urine definitely easy. Not sure about blood.
Also, there is so much synthetic stuff out there that doesn't really show up on tests.
What was his reason about hair follicle? Agreed it sounds weird if he's clean. What I suspect, is that he used more recent than he's told you and is worried hair can say when, and that the blood and urine will be clean cause it's been enough days.

I agree with you. Basically my attorney said that by him refusing the hair follicle he's stating it will be positive because he's been using BUT by doing a urine/blood test it shows us that going forward he will stay clean. I'm not buying that as I feel he will cheat the tests. And why do I want to chase him around weekly to do a drug test when he could just take a hair follicle every few months to prove he's clean. To me that sounds much more logical and honest. Do you think the judge will see it this way?

mfanch 11-30-2016 05:51 AM

Do hair follicle.

I cheated on urines for years. YEARS.

Listen to your gut!!!

Hechosedrugs 11-30-2016 07:51 AM

Oh, what I wouldn't do to have hair follicle testing in my order!

Please, don't let up! It's clear he has something to hide. It looks like blood testing can be faked, too.

ardy 11-30-2016 07:59 AM

its when he ends up pre menopausal with signs of blood loss that he will be in big trouble. hahahahahah

Sephra 11-30-2016 09:17 AM

Do you think the judge will see it this way?*** Hard to say. My (honest) opinion with the courts is that the system sucks. But its the only one we have, so we have to deal with it. I know that in my past experiences, I've had good judges and not so good judges, but what has been consistent, is that they've seen the bs so many times, they see through it. Excuses tend to be pretty textbook when you hear the same ones over and over again. There's no way anyone working in the field will say... hmmm he just doesn't want to miss that one strand of hair... I mean, its pretty obvious to everyone else, (but the drug user) that there is a REASON that he wants it that way. And its not to prove that he's been clean for an extended time. From what I've read, blood and urine clear after 3 days for opiods and meth. Pretty short window if you spend the first day and a half in wonderland and the next day and a half recovering, cause jeez, it must have been something you ate, and your just not feeling well and better get some sleep, etc etc.
To be in a position where you are chasing drug tests, its not a healthy place to be. For you. And lets face it, addicts get really good at playing the game.

CAPTAINZING2000 11-30-2016 09:59 AM

Is this for his P.O or what are you asking?
My sponsor was a director of a rehab and he told me they do the urine test because they were cheap to use when a client went home on a pass.
Using hair samples is the most accurate.

Sunshine1234 11-30-2016 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by CAPTAINZING2000 (Post 6226504)
Is this for his P.O or what are you asking?
My sponsor was a director of a rehab and he told me they do the urine test because they were cheap to use when a client went home on a pass.
Using hair samples is the most accurate.

No this is what I am requesting in order for him to have unsupervised visits with the kids. I have even offered to pay for the hair test because they are $$.

CAPTAINZING2000 11-30-2016 10:53 AM

Is there a history with the court system with your ex?
My ex tried to impose no drinking etc. with my visitation.
It was tossed out due to no recent alcohol offenses .

Was is his DOC? Alcohol is harder to sneak then controlled substances.
How old are your children? Are they aware of a substance abuse problem with their dad?? The children if their old enough would be your best defense in the court system.

I pray this goes well for your children's sake

Sunshine1234 11-30-2016 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by Sephra (Post 6226447)
To be in a position where you are chasing drug tests, its not a healthy place to be. For you. And lets face it, addicts get really good at playing the game.

Exactly...I can't spend my time chasing him anymore and with blood/urine I would be. A hair follicle would cover appx 90 days so it just makes much more sense.

Leaflet 11-30-2016 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by Hechosedrugs (Post 6226340)
Oh, what I wouldn't do to have hair follicle testing in my order!

Please, don't let up! It's clear he has something to hide. It looks like blood testing can be faked, too.

Me too! I feel like the courts really care more about equitable division of assets than the safety of the children. How can you equitably divide a child, especially when you have an ex with an addiction problem?!

Sunshine1234 11-30-2016 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by CAPTAINZING2000 (Post 6226577)
Is there a history with the court system with your ex?
My ex tried to impose no drinking etc. with my visitation.
It was tossed out due to no recent alcohol offenses .

Was is his DOC? Alcohol is harder to sneak then controlled substances.
How old are your children? Are they aware of a substance abuse problem with their dad?? The children if their old enough would be your best defense in the court system.

I pray this goes well for your children's sake

Yes he has a pretty active history with the courts but not for drugs...it's for WAY back owed child support for his other children from a previous relationship. He has 2 contempts this year for not paying (another factor in my decision to leave after our very short marriage)....so although financials and child visitation don't go hand in hand I still pray this will help my case by showing his lack of concern for his children. His DOC in the past was Percocet and cocaine. Most recently had been Suboxone, Xanax, adderall and alcohol...although I have a big gut feeling cocaine is back in the picture. I am pretty sure he's been arrested for possession at least over 5 years ago but I don't think anything recently. My kids are very young so thankfully they have no clue. Thank you so much for your prayers!!