Almost ready to Let Go and Let God

Old 11-18-2016, 11:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Almost ready to Let Go and Let God

O.k. been dealing with loved one's meth addiction for around a year now. Have done all I can possibly do. Next step I have set up an Assessment and they will place him in a residential program that actually accepts Medicaid. He has to go to the assessment himself. I can't force him. He has to go the the treatment voluntarily. I hope he can survive in the streets until next Wednesday. He is in WA state and it's cold and rainy. At least he has his car to sleep in. They don't open shelters until it's 25 degrees.

My bottom line is that if he doesn't go to the assessment next Wed. then I'm done. That's it. I have to remove him from my life. I hate to even think about that. But I'm starting to neglect my own family. Funny we don't even live in the same state and it has a strangle hold on my mind. Gosh talk about Co-dependent. Any words of encouragement greatly appreciated.
Old 11-18-2016, 04:55 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

why is that a step YOU have to take? he has a phone, right? he could call himself.

i'm in w. wash.....it's not THAT cold or THAT rainy. not like we got six feet of snow on the ground, it was in the 50's today!
Old 11-19-2016, 08:17 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AnvilheadII View Post
why is that a step YOU have to take? he has a phone, right? he could call himself.

i'm in w. wash.....it's not THAT cold or THAT rainy. not like we got six feet of snow on the ground, it was in the 50's today!
That's good to know about the weather. Yes you are right he can call himself. He just needs a lil push. And if he doesn't cooperate I'll step aside and let the cards fall as the may.
Old 11-19-2016, 12:04 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

He just needs a lil push.
Define "a little push". I'm not trying to be facetious. I'm trying to figure out for myself when encouraging turns to enabling.
Old 11-19-2016, 12:16 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PuzzledHeart View Post
Define "a little push". I'm not trying to be facetious. I'm trying to figure out for myself when encouraging turns to enabling.
Just to have a loved one that has his best interests in mind to nudge him in the right direction. I don't help monetarily just with love.
Old 11-19-2016, 12:31 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PuzzledHeart View Post
Just to have a loved one that has his best interests in mind to nudge him in the right direction. I don't help monetarily just with love.
Old 11-20-2016, 06:29 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

God can wait, can you? (Said with love)

Let go, Let God ( A Poem)
~unknown

As children bring their broken toys with tears for us to mend,
I bought my broken dreams to God,
because He was my friend.
But then, instead of leaving Him at peace to work alone,
I hung around, and tried to help