Husband home from rehab..divorce

Old 11-06-2016, 05:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Husband home from rehab..divorce

My husband has been in rehab for 6 months then 3 months sober living. 3 weeks before his discharge he started to become distant and mentioned he wanted a divorce. It has been a month he has home with me and my 7 year old daughter. Everyhig is about her and we have moments where things go good but as soon as something dosnt go his way he flips out and says i am a bitch he isnt in love with me and he wants a divirce that i am going to make him relapse....i have stood by his side through his addiciton and recovery, i remind you everyhong has been smooth until he was released home now he doesnt want me knowing anything. Only time we talk is if it is reguarding somehing that benefits him. I dont understand hese highs and lows. Is this normal for newly recovered addicts?
Old 11-06-2016, 08:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear about your troubles - I am sure you have your hands full with your baby and don't have time to attend to your addict husband needs.

Yes - unfortunately addicts in early recovery can be worse than active addicts. It is hard, but possible to detach from his behaviors.

If he chooses to scream about divorce - so be it. Let him scream (in a different room and alone). Not acceptable around you or the baby. Just keep taking care of yourself and your baby - you guys are very important.

XAH threatened divorce over the smallest things. I kept saying - ok, sorry you feel this way. Lack of reaction usually stops them in their tracks.

Good luck