Track marks? I don't know...

Old 11-04-2016, 04:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thumbs down Track marks? I don't know...

Hello,
My addict/ alcoholic F., I feel has track marks on his right arm. (The arm he has told me he used before). I have never used those types of drugs, so I have no clue what to look for when looking for signs of him being high, or using in the past. I asked him about it last week, and he made me feel crazy saying they were just scratches from his work or having me explain why they looked like track marks to me (Knowing that I don't know what they "officially" look like)...Making me unsure of myself, and then like a idiot.. I feel like their still there, if not bigger bumps and darker, am I feel like they are...But I don't want to ask and him make me feel that way. I have googled images, and images of eyes when people are high...But I feel like they only had "dramatic ones" I have seen him high before (when he admitted it later) and they didn't look like the ones on google images, or other websites... Please help me out, maybe how to go around asking? what to look for? how to know-know what they are, and be sure of it.....
Thank you Sober-recov fam.
Old 11-04-2016, 05:05 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Fresh tracks look much different than tracks of a week, month or year ago.
Bumps from missing the veins can stay around for a long time.
Think about when one gives blood -- there will be a pin mark for a couple of days.
Not sure if that helped you -- kind of hard to explain.
M-Bob

These are pretty sever tracks shone
Intravenous Drug Use
https://youtu.be/EZL9OZYAum8
Old 11-04-2016, 05:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hello Mountainmanbob,
See I did not even know there was a difference in the way they form after a while. From what I know of, the last time he had used was maybe about 4 month's ago? and I feel like iv seen his arms before, and they weren't as noticeable...maybe they are just from a while ago? I thank you so much for the input and video.
Old 11-05-2016, 10:19 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

What are you going to do with this knowledge? What if you absolutely knew without a doubt that he was shooting up? What would you do?
Old 11-05-2016, 04:33 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I would want to say I would have to make him pack up his things and leave the home, for good. There are many other things I have over-looked; but that is something I always said I will not put up with, again.
Old 11-05-2016, 04:46 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I believe test kits can be bought at most all pharmacies these days.
MB
Old 11-06-2016, 07:17 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I agree with Bob. Stop guessing and start testing. You have the right to know and then you have the right to act on that knowledge Hoping for the best for you.