After 2 Years - Ex Husband Addict Contacted Me

Old 10-31-2016, 09:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

After 2 Years - Ex Husband Addict Contacted Me

I have not visited this forum in a very long time. I used to come on here every day for about two years and read stories, occasionally writing about my own. I dated/lived with an addict for 4 years, was married for two. I suffered from PTSD for over a year after I finally left him - I escaped while he was at work with everything I could rightfully call mine in the house and the pets. He had no idea I was leaving.

Within three months from leaving, I took out a restraining order. He broke in my house on Christmas night with a couple of females to "take back his dog." I had him arrested and that was the last time I saw him. Within a couple of months from Christmas, he started dating/living with my current boyfriends ex wife and children. It's now been over two years since I have left him and spoken with him and I woke up this morning to find an email in my old email account from him.

This is a man that abused me psychologically, physically, threated me, spread nasty nasty rumors about me, rubbed my name as deep in the dirt as anyone would let him. And he reaches out to say "hello." I feel sorry for him. I feel sorry that he ever went down the road he went down, I feel sorry for his lonliness, I feel sorry for his desparation. But most of all, I feel sorry for myself bc I even sat down to write about this knowing that he's an addict. And that's what addicts. do.
Old 10-31-2016, 12:16 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Curmudgeon, Electrical Engineer, Guitar God Wannabe

Location: Where the mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the Earth
YG...

If perchance you see my response, shoot me a PM and we'll chat.

Z
Old 10-31-2016, 07:02 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Wonder what he wants...
Old 11-01-2016, 12:16 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Because he says hello doesn't mean you have to respond.

Personally, I'd delete the email and never look back.

It's okay to let go of your resentments and feel sorry for how he is, that doesn't mean you have to engage or go back for a repeat performance.

Hugs