Should I tell anyone or do anything?

Old 09-28-2016, 10:24 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Should I tell anyone or do anything?

I sent my ABF to his parents' 1.5 weeks ago. I tried my best effort to concentrate myself.

We only exchanged one text about the bills payment couple days ago.

I know he is going to meetings everyday and trying. Yet I still want to keep my distance because I know I cannot handle to see him OD again. Taking time slowly to prepare our separation. I'm living ok after I kicked him out. I did upset for first couple days, but then I kept myself busy.

Anyway, today I looked at our share google account, I noticed he googled about "I hate my life", "How much heroin you need to overdose and die" etc last night.

Should I tell anyone? Should I worry? Well, I do not want to talk to him directly or communicate with him because I know I will lose my control. But I know I might regret for life if he did kill himself and I didn't do anything to prevent this. His family and friends all think he is doing fine right now since he is going to meetings everyday. They don't know he is suffering from depression either from drugs he previous use or his own mental problem.
Old 09-28-2016, 10:30 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Can you contact one of his parents with a brief message about your concern? If he is living at their house, they might have observed that , though he attends meetings daily, he is far from fine. Hence, the post. Good luck.
Old 09-28-2016, 12:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

As you've been advised, I would absolutely say something to one of his family members to let them know. However, does he know you can access his google searches? Often times, these threats are used as manipulation to guilt us into caving and giving them what they want...... Stay strong
Old 09-28-2016, 12:45 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I would definitely contact his parents. I would also tell them that you still wish to stay out of the situation. If he did in fact do it as manipulation, for you to see, at least your conscious is clean and would put a stop to it.

I had a close family member commit suicide a few years ago. He struggled with addiction for many years. Surprisingly, he was clean when he did it. No one saw it coming at all. We would have given anything to know how he was feeling and try to get him help.
Old 09-28-2016, 06:25 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Please, Please say something to his parents! They may not believe or resent you for it but, do it!!

My ex DIL and son's ex GF Never EVER gave us a clue to how bad our AS addiction was!! Would give anything if they had told us years ago.....
Old 09-29-2016, 12:20 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
●▬๑۩۩๑▬●

Do his parents have any special training in suicide prevention? If not, I would report it to someone who does. Perhaps call a hotline and follow the advice of someone with experience.