I went from loving to hating him

Old 09-03-2016, 03:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I went from loving to hating him

There are no other words to describe him except LIAR! I seriously can't believe I ever fell for his lies and BS and managed to marry and have children with this man. He barely helps to support the kids now and then expects to co-parent and gets mad that he can't see them enough?! Meanwhile he bails on the supervised visits and won't take a drug test for me so he can have the kids unsupervised. I am the one busting my butt to take care of the kids to make sure they are safe and happy while he's off doing God knows what. The manipulation just doesn't stop and he's still taking ZERO accountability for anything. For those of you with kids how do you go on having these people always in your lives? I know I have to buckle down and get used to him always being around because of the kids but ugh I can't stomach him...how do you manage?! This divorce can't come soon enough!
Old 09-04-2016, 04:55 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Sunshine, hopefully visitation will be limited, or at least supervised, as long as he continues to use drugs.

I am sorry this is such a sad and stressful time for you and hope it gets better very soon.

Hugs
Old 09-05-2016, 09:27 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ann View Post
Sunshine, hopefully visitation will be limited, or at least supervised, as long as he continues to use drugs.

I am sorry this is such a sad and stressful time for you and hope it gets better very soon.

Hugs
Ann...thank you! I hope so too.
Old 09-05-2016, 10:09 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Curmudgeon, Electrical Engineer, Guitar God Wannabe

Location: Where the mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the Earth
Sunshine...

The best way to approach dealing with him going forward is to expect and assume the worst. And if you do this, there's nothing that will ever surprise you.

One more thing: don't personalize what he's doing. His behavior is typical of someone in active addiction. Just do what you need to do to stay sane.

Sorry you have to go through this.
Old 09-05-2016, 11:48 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by zoso77 View Post
Sunshine...

The best way to approach dealing with him going forward is to expect and assume the worst. And if you do this, there's nothing that will ever surprise you.

One more thing: don't personalize what he's doing. His behavior is typical of someone in active addiction. Just do what you need to do to stay sane.

Sorry you have to go through this.
Zoso...thank you for this. You are SO right and I can't keep thinking he's going to step up to the plate. I have to remember that our kids are not first on his priority list. It's just a very hard thing to grasp or even try to understand when to me my kids wellbeing is and always will be number one. Thank you for bringing me back to reality!